ATI interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BGSM

Got a surprise call from ATI for an interview very short notice looking for info/suggestions I have very limited experience with interviews and no jet time. What can I expect. thanks in advance

Just from what I'VE SEEN, You'll get hired and like the job until it gets slow and the furloughs come. Had a friend lose his jobs last time around, think it was January or Feb of this year?

Got a surprise call from ATI for an interview very short notice looking for info/suggestions I have very limited experience with interviews and no jet time. What can I expect. thanks in advance

Go to the interview. They're short pilots, you won't be furloughed. Depending on what you're making now, in my personal opinion, the pay is nice. They're owned by CHI (the same company that owns Capital Cargo Airlines). Further, ABX bought CHI several weeks ago. Companies will be operated separately. There is alot of international flying at ATI, but the bulk of the flying is in and out of Toledo, OH for BAX Global.
You'll be a first officer for a while, upgrades are slow.

Go find a PCATD to practice on ...

Are you looking for interview gouge or company gouge?

I think www.aviationinterviews.com has some ATI interview gouge.

For ATI stuff do a search, quite a bit recently and some older stuff. -kingaira90

Are you looking for interview gouge or company gouge?

I think www.aviationinterviews.com has some ATI interview gouge.

For ATI stuff do a search, quite a bit recently and some older stuff. -kingaira90

I searched here got some company info, only two post on aviationinterviews.com from 05 and nothing on willflyforfood.

I searched here got some company info, only two post on aviationinterviews.com from 05 and nothing on willflyforfood.

Sounds about right, if you are looking for some other specifics then post them. Their are a few ATI guys on here. -kingaira90

I believe '05 was the last time ATI did any interviews. Theres been a complete change in management since then so there won't be any accurate gouge. I doubt the interview will be too tough. Just dress nice, be prepared to fly a desktop simulator and answer the usual BS HR questions. As for the state of the company- a few weeks ago I would have said to stay away from this sinking ship, but now since the proposed acquisition by ABX I'm feeling more optimistic about the company. I also think it's a positive that they're interviewing instead of planning a post-peak furlough. Good luck!

I'll second pretty much everything L8fr8 said above. There are still a number of wickets for us to run through, but I'm confident that there are some great times ahead. It's been a while since I've been able to say that, too! Unfortunately, upward movement will still be slow unless the rest of the industry really picks up and we start losing our own to the others, plus not many retirements ahead even if the age 60 thing doesn't change any time soon. For what it's worth, whenever we run into folks who have left for greener pastures years ago, most of them say they really miss what they did with us. Many say they'd have been better off if they had stayed here. But who could have known? Such a crapshoot... Either way, I'd definitely recommend giving it a shot, and decide for yourself as you learn more!

Latest resources

Back