• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATA Scheduled Service Changes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
just flew with a former ATA FE who told me some very funny stories about riding on a concord for company business back in the day... what a great group of guys those must have been.

just flew with a former ATA FE who told me some very funny stories about riding on a concord for company business back in the day... what a great group of guys those must have been.

I rode on a Concord, once. I was laying on the black vinyl roof, hangin on with one hand, and holding a beer in the other. :cool:

Man, that was one ugly car. AMC had some of the ugliest cars I ever saw. . . . The Pacer was so ugly, it made the Gremlin look cool.

Last edited:
Where did that happen? When?

About 2 years ago, a friend of mine was killed in Mexico. Great guy, I thought to myself the same thing since he has interviewed at SWA. That backside of the clock is tough, Sad.

Jim Monihan: http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2008/09/01/piccrash.html?sid=101

Bill Montgomery:
http://www.ems1.com/air-medical-transport/articles/758030-3-killed-in-NM-Medevac-crash/

Others passed of natural causes. Quite a few. At least one FA commited suicide.

Man, that was one ugly car. AMC had some of the ugliest cars I ever saw. . . . The Pacer was so ugly, it made the Gremlin look cool.

Had a student in pilot training once that drove a Pacer. Once, he was in the parking lot of Walmart and a little old lady walked up and offered him two more if he could get them out of her garage. Funny stuff. Every time we did a stand-up emergency procedure with him it somehow involved an AMC Pacer.

I ran into an old ATA'er in Jfk on on his way to Fargo, looked worn out, but still a great guy, drank beer with one in Chenai India, had a glass of wine with an ATA'er in Jeddah of All places. ATA guys are scattered around the world. One only wonders what could have, should have been had it not been for greed of the Hedge fund asholes.

Just an FYI....3rd annual ATA reunion in IND April 9....PM me for details if interested.

One only wonders what could have, should have been had it not been for greed of the Hedge fund asholes.
My guess is in exactly the same location that any bankrupt airline pilot ends up, looking for work and getting on with life instead of blaming others for your problems.

My guess is in exactly the same location that any bankrupt airline pilot ends up, looking for work and getting on with life instead of blaming others for your problems.
Yep- it's all Mark Patterson's fault that their lives are miserable. :rolleyes:
It's the old blame game.

Latest resources

Back