• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATA Scheduled Service Changes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A few more have been in the pool and are in training now. I do find myself wondering if any of us will make it in the next round. I've looked industry wide at the pay/qol, and if you don't want to fly freight it's probably the best deal going.

But oh, how the mighty have fallen....

Three years next month.

With all due respect, it has taken a lot of families a lot of time to start over, both from a career standpoint and a financial standpoint. Many from an emotional standpoint.

Just be happy with the growth your company obtained through the transaction, show some humility and get on with your life. The rest of us have.

S

I'm on with it... just a blast from the past. You can't handle an old thread? We hired tons of ATA guys. Some of the best guys to fly with!!!

I'm on with it... just a blast from the past. You can't handle an old thread? We hired tons of ATA guys. Some of the best guys to fly with!!!

Too bad they didn't hire all of them, along with the 737-800's.

I can handle it. My point was that a lot of good people had their lives turned upside down when ATA downsized and finally tanked. A substantial amount of growth in MDW came to SWA as a result.

I am glad things turned out well for your pilot group, just understand that your group's good fortune was bad fortune for another group.

S

Just like Charlie Sheen, winning!

In perspective. Two former ATA pilots were killed in training accidents at new employers after ATA shut down. I don't think either would have died in training at ATA. One would have bored to death his crew, but he bought the beer. God rest his soul. The other, I never knew, but he was well thought of.

Where did that happen? When?

About 2 years ago, a friend of mine was killed in Mexico. Great guy, I thought to myself the same thing since he has interviewed at SWA. That backside of the clock is tough, Sad.

Latest resources

Back