ATA interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Halin T:

Allegiant has hired a number of former ATA guys. Some were TWA furloughed and then went to ATA. AAY most recently hired a former B757 Captain from ATA. You are incorrect in your statement.

Compared to what many other airlines have hired since '08, it's a pittance. I know of many that could not even get an interview. Myself included.

Are you still talking about Allegiant????

Compared to what many other airlines have hired since '08, it's a pittance. I know of many that could not even get an interview. Myself included.

Your statement was to the effect that Allegiant had some sort of policy of not hiring ATA guys. That was and is incorrect. AAY has hired more ATA guys than SWA had hired during the preferential hiring period. That was when Allegiant only had about a dozen planes or so.

We might be just breaking the 400 pilot number and about to have 60 A/Cs in the fleet. Our model is different than most and we do not fly as many cycles or have as many pilots per A/Cs as other airlines.

Pittance or not. Allegiant employed about the same amount or more former ATA pilots as any other airline as far as where they found the supply of applicants.

There wasn't exactly a hiring boom when ATA went under, but many went to Allegiant (percentage-wise out of those that were hired).

I got a nice fat no-thank you from Allegiant (no interview, just applied and got turned down). I surmise that Gary Elmer had a lot to do with a good number of ATA guys NOT getting hired there. Especially the union officials - same deal at World, Omni, NAA.

I mean, they're starting a 757 program, but they don't want people with a decade or more of international 757 experience? Come on....

33.3% of AAY B757 F/Os are former ATA

I got a nice fat no-thank you from Allegiant (no interview, just applied and got turned down). I surmise that Gary Elmer had a lot to do with a good number of ATA guys NOT getting hired there. Especially the union officials - same deal at World, Omni, NAA.

I mean, they're starting a 757 program, but they don't want people with a decade or more of international 757 experience? Come on....

This is typical FI. Currently 33.3% of the Allegiant F/Os are former ATA, over 50 with over 10 years B757 experience and there are more B757 guys from ATA, even some B737 former ATA guys on our seniority list.

Maybe it's just the man trying to hold Capt. Seth down or maybe they just don't hire "undisciplined civilians". The standards must have been lower when I got through.

Move along, disperse to your home in an orderly fashion. thanks for bringing back this dead thread!

That's true of the pre-bankruptcy costs, especially of the 1st 5 B757 leases (EETC). Those were around $600K/mo per airplane. GM said that was a stupid deal to get into. He was right. After the reorg. they were cut down by more than half, but we had to give up aircraft, future deliveries as well as deposits to get it. We went from 65 aircraft at our peak, down to 30 or 35 at the end. We were a steal, but no one was buying.

I'm pretty sure FL didn't want the WBs or the B757s, either. Didn't know what to do with them.

I'm pretty sure they just didn't want to interview Whine Lover. They wouldn't know what to do with HIM!

I'm pretty sure they just didn't want to interview Whine Lover. They wouldn't know what to do with HIM!

No one knows what to really do with Whine Lover...............Do they??

Jeff is correct, I know a few ATA guys who were offered jobs, or worked there before ATA officially closed down.

I'm specifically talking about after ATA shut down.

I stand by my statement. Also, 33% of your FO's are ex-ATA? Really? First I've heard. I only know about two, and theywere pre-shutdown, pre Elmer.

Jeff, "The Man" ain't keepin me down now, fortunately. But thanks for asking?

Latest resources

Back