• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATA interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Aaahhhh...Once again, it's "all about me".

Uh..I think you have to APPLY to get an interview.

Allegiant?

Hmmm, didn't see that one on my list of things to do.

Oh, that's right...After ATA shut down, I HAD NO LIST and didn't apply ANYWHERE.

( Light-bulb Moment ) Maybe that's why I sat on my couch for 2.5 years waiting for a phone call that never came?

FlightInfo is such an informative place.

YKW

Last edited:
I stand by my statement. Also, 33% of your FO's are ex-ATA? Really? First I've heard. I only know about two, and theywere pre-shutdown, pre Elmer.

My brother is a captain at Allegiant. He rode ATA to the ground and had a job in between. You are incorrect.

One last try...

I stand by my statement. Also, 33% of your FO's are ex-ATA? Really? First I've heard. I only know about two, and theywere pre-shutdown, pre Elmer.

Jeff, "The Man" ain't keepin me down now, fortunately. But thanks for asking?

First, I am glad the man's not holdin' you down.

33.3% of the B757 F/Os are former ATA. That was a bit tongue-in-cheek for your lack of research about our hiring. There is currently 1 B757 flying domestically with 6 pilots on the bid 3 CAs and 3 F/Os. The bottom guy is as I discribed, former ATA. You do the math.

AAY's B757 program did not start until a number of years after ATA went under. AAY has hired a number of ATA pilots. The percentile of ATA guys is about the same as the other airlines that AAY hired from. I do not know how to make that any clearer fro you?! The majority of the ATA guys are now Captains at AAY, much like the former TWA guys.

My point was AAY had hired more ATA guys than SWA had during the preferntial interviews. AAY had under 200 pilots, while SWA had over 5000? I do not see why you are so bent out of shape with Allegiant. If you did not get an interview, it was probably die to being out of currency.

Currency is a big factor to get hired at AAY. I could not get a former TWA guy an interview that had over 4000 of DC9/MD80 experience that had not flown in over 3 years. They would not even take the resume.

Say what you will, but a number of ATA guys have made a nice home at Allegiant. Don't be such a hater. I am done with this thread.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I'm not bent out of shape with allegiant, I don't know where you get that from. Elmer, on the other hand, is a massive turd.

I'm glad that a few ATA guys have been able to find a home there.

Latest resources

Back