ATA, Aloha, Champion, Sun Country, Furloughed? USA Jet is Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

737s with CFM-56 engines. Probably -300s or -400s.

cliff
YIP

Im not going to be the one that reveals specific company business on a public forum, but I can say that business seems to be good, albeit sporadic at times. As ATPCliff said, 737's have been mentioned for future operations within the company.... Personally, I am more apt to believe things when I see them.

Dont wanna pay, dont get your freight, simple as that...

We don't bid on trips that lose money and we will not take a loss to acquire new business. Seems like a simple business plan to me.

Last edited:
They have to pay

Ok

I understand the philosophy, but who pays the employees if the customer "dont wanna pay"?

simple as that?
They have no choice, their house is on fire and we are the contract fire dept. The assembly line producing the hot selling ABC car has no XYZ parts to keep assembly running. If the line shuts down is costs DEF Motor Corp $250K-$500K per hour. Suddenly paying $50K to get XYZ parts seems like bargain. It is a dieing model, and many of the on-demand operators who thrived on this model are out of business. But it is still lucrative when the occasional trip pops up. That is why diversification is the key to surviving in this charter business.

I remember 737's being "mentioned" when I was there.....I left in 2004. Anyway, I flew on demand for 8.5 years for 3 carriers. USA Jet is the best for what it does. And you do get used to the callout thing and really it ain't that bad. As for the RAF thing....well ya'll ain't going up against Me-109's.

I left in 2004 to get off the pager and have a "better lifestyle". Well, let's see, I'm off the pager, I do get to walk in a terminal, and in the last 4 years I've never made up the money I was making at USA Jet.

Latest resources

Back