At it again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Falcon Captain

I have come across that saying many times. Very true BUT....if there is NO destination, you can't even plan a journey!!! Try it in your FMS, see what happens if you don't put in a dest......

b757driver said:
Falcon Captain

I have come across that saying many times. Very true BUT....if there is NO destination, you can't even plan a journey!!! Try it in your FMS, see what happens if you don't put in a dest......
Life isn't an FMS...

The problem is that there are so many people out of work, I would imagine the airlines don't even begin to know who to look at. They may just be taking stuff off the top of a ten foot pile when they need bodies.

Also, people with 5,000 hours are a dime-a-dozen right now and I haven't gotten a nibble from anyone(except for the ATA app on my desk--that's another story...) and I have capt. time at TWA and 12,000 hours. Plenty out there like me.

Good luck to all.TC

AA-
Very stupid question but I am curious, how did you get let go from AA after you had made captain at TWA.? I would think that if anything you would have had plenty of senority to stick around even if that meant going back to the right seat.?

Just doesn't seem to add up. Is Bruce Byers still around.? He was 727 captain STL awhile back.

curious,

3 5 0

Because AA stapled TWA pilots to the bottom.....every pilot from 1988 and below is now unemployed

......................AA SUCKS!

I think the problem for the furloughed guys/gals is the lack of recent flying time. I spoke to a friend of mine who gets paid to find pilots for large companies. I told her about another friend of mine whose company went belly up. He had not flown for over a year. She would not even look at him.

As for the furloughed pilots being hired by the airlines, I have heard from others, not only at my airline, but other carriers, that HR is having a tough time justifying paying for training for people that might get recalled and leave.

Some suggestions. For the people who have not flown for a while, what about considering doing some instructing at Flight Safety or one of the other outfits? Try to use your contacts that you have made during your career. Maybe someone who originally hired you as a Flight Instructor will hire you back. This industry is no longer about what kind of time you have or how many type ratings. Unfortunately, it is more about who you know. Make a list of all your friends in this industry and start "getting acquainted" with them again.

AA717driver - if you got an app from ATA, are you going to fill it out? You said it was sitting on your desk. If I were in your position, I would not be staring at an application. They must have seen something that made them want to send you an app. Fill it out - they are a good company.

I am trying to be helpful, so please don't shoot the messenger.

Latest resources

Back