At it again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

crewa2

I've been out of work since 9/11 and still have yet to get an interview. I just can't figure this out. I've seen people with alot less experience than me get jobs. About every three months I send every company I can think of resumes, still nothing. At this point I haven't worked at a flying job in 2.5 years. This is really getting discouraging. Oh well, just venting. Anyone else in a similar spot?

Ditto for me I have sent out almost 300 resumes and have yet to get an interview, except I found a flight instruction gig part time. I have not flown anything with two engines since before 911 not to mention anything turbine.

I don't know what else to do. I feel your pain and hang in there.

I have not been layed off as long but I understand the predicament....

When I was hired corporate - commuters were hiring at 500 and 1 - now I have 2500 and cant even get someone to look at my resume. Things are coming around though - there is alot of hiring in the new year for the commuters. Lets hope thats a sign of things to come!

Keep the faith - theres ALOT of people in the same spot.

I've been furloughed twice since Sept. 11. This time it's stretching to 8 months so far. I'm strongly considering a career change.

Hi guys!

I guess there are plenty of us out there - we are a unique club.

I have not flown/worked since my company went bust in Nov 2002 and I have tried everything - even looked overseas. Got a 737 Type Rating earlier this year in 15 straight days, now have it on THREE ICAO licenses incl. FAA. Did not make any difference.

I, too, have been looking @ those being interviewed/hired with 2-3000 less hours. no turbine or type ratings. No idea what the gig is to make yourself "competitive". I thing is for sure, it ain't no "equal opportunity" employment!! Also, if you thing that a type rating will get you in the door, be VERY careful before doing one. Not sure what the answer is but feel for everyone in this situation.

From someone who knows

I was furloughed a month after Sept 11th and did not fly for 2 years at all. Nothing but one checkout in a C-172 which ran $114 an hour plus the instructor. I sent out for every job. Nada. Nothing. Finally got the call from ALPA to fly on a jets-for-jobs kind of deal, recently. Had it not been for that, I would still not be flying.

I know that America West is saying they are hiring furloughed pilots (get a recommendation), and that AirTran and a few others seem to like to interview folks who show up at Air, Inc job fairs.

I believe Frontier stopped taking apps on the 9th of Nov, but they picked up a furloughed friend of mine just a couple of weeks before that, and so did JetBlue. Other than that, I know that NetJets is looking to expand greatly--they are probably the best fractional out there. Maybe try them. If you are at an FBO where they fly into, they are more than willing to help you get in. I found that hanging around a corporate airport (Centennial) began to open MANY doors.

Good luck, and I hope you get back in the air.

GEO - once a military pilot now the grammar police huh?
--------------

I know that CoEx is hiring in january as are alot of other commuters.

I know that Citation Shares is hiring as well. That seems to be a good place to work (although 7 on/ 7 off would suck after awhile).

If I see anything else posted around - I will paste it here....

Latest resources

Back