ASA = Weak

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
scarlet said:
Why would skywest want a union? The guys that have lefted here and gone to skywest that I know---say they will never vote for ALPA over there..??

ASA pilots come on here and bash and bash each other and the company and the union, I am sure that is the kind of people Skywest pilots want to become!!!

Sure they won't vote ALPA in, they will just continue to get screwed by receiving 50 seat pay for the 50, 70 and 90. They will enjoy being at management's whim without any protection. And our pilots will continue to go there in droves just so they can be at the bottom of the list, get first year pay, and not see any profit sharing or bonuses for 2 years.

You have to open your eyes and see that the only ones who have gone to Skywest are brand new to two year FOs that have nothing to lose. They are willing to go because it won't make a difference. And many are leaving because they actually live out west.

It is people like you who think they really know what is actually going on, except you never actually looked to see what is going on.

It is you who is killing this industry by accepting that which management would love to force down our thoat openly.

You are the problem, not the solution. You need to shut up or ship out.

Personally I was late every leg on my last 3 day, not because of anything that we did as a crew. We parked at D36 EVERY leg, and changed aircraft to one leaving out of C35. EVERY LEG. All with 50 minute turns. And I only make one call, and do not go find the release. That's not my job. I come to work to do my job, which is to fly these passengers safely from point A to B. That's all. If it's broke, it's getting wrote up. If it's late, that's life. There is nothing I can do to fix this abortion. I will do my job, to the best of my ability, and that is all I will do.

John Pennekamp said:
Yes, it's all about YOU and YOUR gate and YOUR freedom leg. Great teamwork there, junior. Is a chart light required? Is it on the MEL? If it's broke and you don't write it up, and the feds ramp you you get violated. Why would you risk your career over something that stupid? DON'T FLY BROKEN AIRPLANES, STUPID!!!

This guy is preaching teamwork on this thread while on another thread he writes

"Aren't you an FO? Guess what, if you're my FO, you'll do whatever I tell you to do. If you don't like that, go see a chief pilot and roll the dice. You won't have a good reputation or a pleasant career once you go down that road with a senior captain."

Sorry, but you've lost all credibility with me JP

cushman---

You really help the morale I tell you. You really hurt my feelings too!
I could care less about what you think I am!!!! GOT IT!!!! I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR OPINIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes the several people I know had over 4 years seniority..... I forgot you know it all !!! And they love it there !! Check out the rates at jetblue, NW, DL, CAL...airlinepilotcentral.!!!!

TOOL CRIB said:
This guy is preaching teamwork on this thread while on another thread he writes

"Aren't you an FO? Guess what, if you're my FO, you'll do whatever I tell you to do. If you don't like that, go see a chief pilot and roll the dice. You won't have a good reputation or a pleasant career once you go down that road with a senior captain."

Sorry, but you've lost all credibility with me JP
two words for JP....anger management.

cushman_500 said:
Sure they won't vote ALPA in, they will just continue to get screwed by receiving 50 seat pay for the 50, 70 and 90. They will enjoy being at management's whim without any protection. And our pilots will continue to go there in droves just so they can be at the bottom of the list, get first year pay, and not see any profit sharing or bonuses for 2 years.
....and upgrade in 2 years or less and double their pay, all the while getting their PIC and moving on if thats what they choose to do.....

ohplease! said:
....and upgrade in 2 years or less and double their pay, all the while getting their PIC and moving on if thats what they choose to do.....

PIC will mean nothing unless the Major's are hiring. FEDEX and CAL are the only ones I can think of that are currently hiring now (there may be more). But upgrading, IOE, reserve, line flying, 1000+ hrs all equal more than a year away at least. Who's to say who is hiring.

If you're very junior and live out west, I say go for it. Seniority is everything. Lose it and you start all over.

HarryParatestes said:
PIC will mean nothing unless the Major's are hiring. FEDEX and CAL are the only ones I can think of that are currently hiring now (there may be more). But upgrading, IOE, reserve, line flying, 1000+ hrs all equal more than a year away at least. Who's to say who is hiring.

If you're very junior and live out west, I say go for it. Seniority is everything. Lose it and you start all over.
I'm talking 2,3,4 + years down the road. the majors WILL be hiring again and the ones getting the PIC will be in pos. to be hired if thats what they choose to do...the ones at ASA that stay in the right seat another 1,2,3 +years will not be in the position to make that choice.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back