ASA = Weak

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

No Delay

I just wrote this on another thread. But I am pissed the feel it deserves it own thread.

I have got to say this pilot group is weak.

Everyone starts these threads about losing a/c and not getting a contract.

It's your fault! It's my fault! Don't blame ALPA. Blame yourself and blame the pilot sitting next to you in the crew lounge. Let ALPA negotiate our contract. Let the CNC do their job. They will take care of their part. We need to be doing our part...We should be making the company WANT to negotiate with us.

We left ATL last night and the ramp was empty! There should have been a ton of airplanes with write ups. Everyone wants to b i t c h but no one wants to sacrifice..."it will just take away my time at the hotel", "I don't want to be stranded at an out station" (Freedom legs excluded).

For the record - We were late last night because of mtc.

Shut up and write it up! I am not saying make stuff up. If you tell me everything on that airplane is good...I'm saying you did a poor preflight.

Don't pick up that d a m n radio asking for stuff.
Quit walking up to the gate to get the release.
Quit calling Flight control to adjust the fuel numbers when the fueler shorts it
Quit flying sick and tired !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FMLA

I have said it before...everytime I read a letter on Flica from BL, CT, or SH, it makes me SICK. Makes my stomach turn. I can't fly feeling like that!

If you want to play your "Professional" card and tell be about customer satisfaction...fine! Completion factor and on-time performance is the only 2 phrases that management hears, cares, or understands.

How can we take someone named "No Delay" seriously when he/she starts preaching to us to delay our flights?

Good point!

No Delay only applies to:

"No delay down to 3500' - short approach" &

"No delay - cross 27R - Ground .75"

No Delay said:
Good point!

No Delay only applies to:

"No delay down to 3500' - short approach" &

"No delay - cross 27R - Ground .75"
still helping ASA management "get 'er done"....thought you'd be the type to reply "unable" just to make your point by shooting the "full approach" or "long final" and "need progressive taxi"...you're dissapointing your buddies by being in such a hurry. You should set a better example for them.

As bad as things have been lately I don't think the company would recognize any pilot "self-help" program. I'm pissed too but I've been late on almost every leg without even trying. And I've had plenty of mx write-ups w/o having to "find" anything. I can't remember the last time I flew a plane without any MEL items on the release. This company runs so poorly now that I honestly don't think management would recognize any "movement". The airline shrinking is all part of the game. JA knows he can't give us anything w/o having to give it to SKYW pilots as well. And any improvements they get will be from the sweat off of our backs and JA's effort to keep ALPA off the property. It's just gonna suck for awhile.

No Delay said:
We left ATL last night and the ramp was empty! There should have been a ton of airplanes with write ups. Everyone wants to b i t c h but no one wants to sacrifice..."it will just take away my time at the hotel", "I don't want to be stranded at an out station" (Freedom legs excluded).

So we should should "help the cause" at all txs except freedom flights b/c then that would hurt us and we can't do that but we can screw the pax at all other txs/legs. Did I read that correctly? If you want to delay flights and hurt o/t performance you are working way to hard, ATC is already doing a great job for you. Ie GDP/EDCT

Why would I want to see a ramp full of a/c at nght in ATL? That would only increase the chance that my gate isn't open b/c some dumb a** wrote up a burn out light in his chart holder.

atlcrjdriver said:
So we should should "help the cause" at all txs except freedom flights b/c then that would hurt us and we can't do that but we can screw the pax at all other txs/legs. Did I read that correctly? If you want to delay flights and hurt o/t performance you are working way to hard, ATC is already doing a great job for you. Ie GDP/EDCT

Why would I want to see a ramp full of a/c at nght in ATL? That would only increase the chance that my gate isn't open b/c some dumb a** wrote up a burn out light in his chart holder.

Yes, it's all about YOU and YOUR gate and YOUR freedom leg. Great teamwork there, junior. Is a chart light required? Is it on the MEL? If it's broke and you don't write it up, and the feds ramp you you get violated. Why would you risk your career over something that stupid? DON'T FLY BROKEN AIRPLANES, STUPID!!!

Originally Posted by atlcrjdriver
So we should should "help the cause" at all txs except freedom flights b/c then that would hurt us and we can't do that but we can screw the pax at all other txs/legs.

Exactly! No, "Freedom leg" was just being funny. Honestly, I would do it on any flight / leg.

Yeah, ATL sucks. Sucks even worse right now with the runway closure. I think that makes for an even more perfect time.

Hey, I understand that not everyone takes this type of attitude. Fine. Just don't bash ALPA. I will let my MEC / CNC do their job. I am just saying we need to participate - in a language the management understands and listens to.

ALPA is fighting a bigger fight than you know !! FROM NATIONAL LEVEL....they want 2200 pilots at skywest 2%....and we are losing thanks to their GREED!!!

Why would skywest want a union? The guys that have lefted here and gone to skywest that I know---say they will never vote for ALPA over there..??

ASA pilots come on here and bash and bash each other and the company and the union, I am sure that is the kind of people Skywest pilots want to become!!!

Latest resources

Back