ASA Scheduling Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What about initial open time?

Is that only for picking up trips or can you trade out of it?

I have been here over 2 years and have never traded a trip. Trying to figure all this stuff out.

By the way, thanks for the responses....it has been a help.

What about initial open time?

Is that only for picking up trips or can you trade out of it?

Int Open Time only for picking up with regards to seniority and legality. If you lost time due to integration, etc, use Line Completion Bid which gives you higher priority than int open time.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

my understanding is that the future open time rule is NOT day for day. A few years ago scheduling 'created' this rule. I can't find anything in the contract that says either way, except that, "The Company shall have discretion to grant or deny a trade with open time."

my understanding is that the future open time rule is NOT day for day. A few years ago scheduling 'created' this rule. I can't find anything in the contract that says either way, except that, "The Company shall have discretion to grant or deny a trade with open time."

And there's the rub. There's nothing in the contract that says you CAN trade a 4 day for a 3 day. Thus, the company's discretion comes into play. Unfortunately, the contract outlines, more or less, what the company cannot do. Anything outside of that is fair game. As far as the day-for-day rule when it comes to future open time, that has been the standard for a couple of years. If you want to swap a 4 day for a 3 day (or a 3 day for a 2 day, or a 2 day for a day line, or a nap for a day line, etc etc etc....) you need to get a chief pilot's approval. That has, unfortunately been the standard recently, and there's nothing in the contract that you can take to scheduling and say, "I have a right to do this."

Now.. as far as chief pilot approval goes. Forget CV... he's too busy harassing pilots about hats and shoes. Forget CC... he's to busy playing with his model airplanes. Forget KR... unless you happen to catch her on a good day. FL and BD are the guys to go to. They *may* help you out, depending on their mood and how much they've been slapped around by the G/O monkeys lately....

Damm, I miss J.A. in the Chief Pilots office. Hey, Joe... Wanna come back?

Damm, I miss J.A. in the Chief Pilots office. Hey, Joe... Wanna come back?

No, Joe does NOT want to come back. Joe is ready to retire and be done with this hell-hole. Joe did his time!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back