• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Employee discount:D That's a good one!

Re: Leather Jacket

RubberDuck said:
"The leather jacket from Perrone Aviation Apparel is around $350. It's a great jacket, and I highly recommend it."

Is that with an ASA employee discount?:eek:

See Ya in ATL

I'll bet if you order it without telling them that you are ASA, you can get it for $250.

Re: Nobody is hiring besides..

stb said:
Fed Ex and JetBlue.
ATA and AirTran are starting new classes in the upcoming months while Fed Ex has stopped for the holiday season.

A couple of bonuses, at most commuters, new hirers have to pay for their hotel. Some wont pay guarantee til after training is complete. Freedom Airlines is one.
The big one is keeping your number. Comair requests the signature on the bottom line.
There are a couple of other "bonuses" for the furloughed major pilot turned new hire at ASA.

Ahhh...I see what you are talking about. Do we pay the 75 hour guarantee to new hires? When I came through you got minimum wage as a new hire plus per diem, which actually was higher pay than the 75 hour guarantee at $19.02 per hour (that is sad isn't it). But, if you take into account that they pay your travel and hotel, I guess ASA is better than most Express carriers out there.

Hey Sleepy,
Why is a guy like yourself with over 5,500 hours not flying with SWA, JetBlue, Airtran, ATA?................you seem like you are experienced........

Howdy. I have two questions myself for the ASA guys-

1. Is there any way I can obtain/borrow copies of the ground school materials prior to my classdate? I know it's jumping the gun a little bit, but I'd like to give myself as little a chance to fall behind as possible.

2. Does anyone know offhand when benefits start? (Medical/Dental, Travel, etc.)

Thanks.
-bob

Bennies

You won't know what aircraft you are getting until day one of class. Time would be better spent studing FAR/AIM. In class, just get together with study partners at the Red Roof, you shouldn't have a problem with the aircraft. The first two-weeks of indoc cover company policy, you can study limitations etc. then.

Medical and Travel starts 30 days after hire date. Just an idea,... if you do need to go to the doctor after your 30 days. Do not go to a doctor that has seen you for the same thing in the last 180 days. The insurance company will not pay for an "existing condition".

kabob,

1. Everyone thinks they need this; no one really does. Don't worry about it. You'll have everything you need when you get here and plenty of time to soak it in. To have it in your possession without someone to explain it or put in into perspective for you might do more harm than good (primacy).

2. It's either travel--30 days, and Health/Dental--immediate, or vice versa. I can't remember, so hopefully someone else will chime in.

extras: try to get a room at the Red Roof with a "business" layout. It has a big corner desk which makes it easier to organize your materials while studying.

If you need to blow off some steam, go to Malone's or B-52s where your business is appreciated. Don't waste your time or money at THE other place, especially on a busy night.

Fighterdude said:
Hey Sleepy,
Why is a guy like yourself with over 5,500 hours not flying with SWA, JetBlue, Airtran, ATA?................you seem like you are experienced........

I flew heavy jets for a large national cargo carrier, and got a furlough. I ended up at ASA because I live in ATL. I have thought about leaving for AirTran and a few others, but in these uncertain economic times I am not in the gambling mode. ASA is a good place to wait-out the current situation, who knows, depending on our next contract it could become a pretty good career.

FL000 said:
2. It's either travel--30 days, and Health/Dental--immediate, or vice versa. I can't remember, so hopefully someone else will chime in.

[/B]

Non-rev travel is 30 days but you can jumpseat as soon as you get your ID. I didn't have to use my medical or dental in the first 30 days so I'm not sure on that.

Latest resources

Back