• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA planes taxiing too fast!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm guessing you've never had Southwest taxiing behind you. Those guys will teach you how not to taxi slow.

Southworst never has nor ever will teach me anything! As a matter of fact I purposely taxi slower when they are behind me and use entirely too much thrust to get rolling since I know they are right up my six.

wow, 5 years without a new contract and you guys wonder why? Or are you guys in a hurry to get in the air to listen to your IPOD?

and the race for the bottom continues on :rolleyes:

Man, we still have guys who won't reject planes with maintenance discrepencies..../quote]

Just curious, but how likely is it to get cabin temps in the 37C-38C range with an operating APU? I ask because during my 1.5 hour taxi in ATL tonight I heard 2 Captains on 31.15 asking flight control about returning to the gate because they had those temps in the back and were looking at an hour plus taxi. I wouldn't want to judge anyone unfairly, but I've never seen 37 or 38 with an operable APU so I would suspect they might have taken busted airplanes.
Never seen it with an operable APU...never seen it without an operable APU either 'cause I won't take the plane. We have nutjobs taking them without APU's everyday though...

wow, 5 years without a new contract and you guys wonder why? Or are you guys in a hurry to get in the air to listen to your IPOD?

and the race for the bottom continues on :rolleyes:

You have got to be kidding me. ASA has stood their ground on this issue for quite some time. And still done their jobs, some maybe to well but I fail to see where we are racing for the bottom.

You can't fly them without the APU?

You sure can!

But you and the company will be liable when the 200s crappy ECS system and lack of airflow off the engine bleeds causes somebody to have a stroke, asthma attack, or other major medical problem directly attributed to unsafe temperatures during an overly long taxi time.

My buddies at CHQ tell me your CRJs get conditioned air in the CAL system. Unfortunately, some airlines don't want to spend the $$$ to purchase conditioned air carts...that is, if they even know WTF a conditioned air cart is...

You sure can!

But you and the company will be liable when the 200s crappy ECS system and lack of airflow off the engine bleeds causes somebody to have a stroke, asthma attack, or other major medical problem directly attributed to unsafe temperatures during an overly long taxi time.

My buddies at CHQ tell me your CRJs get conditioned air in the CAL system. Unfortunately, some airlines don't want to spend the $$$ to purchase conditioned air carts...that is, if they even know WTF a conditioned air cart is...

You know darn well that Delta and it's DCI carriers won't spend any money for pax comfort. Lining the CEO and VP's pockets with huge profits. Mark my words, DAL will ask for more pay cuts from employees in less than five years.

You spent $10? Why?

To the first poster... If they want to go fast let them. Here in block or better land we'll go at the speed of a "Brisk walk".

You need to reread the post. The OP spent $10 for his one and only post (gripe) - not me. Grandfathered!

FYI - it costs new members $10 to join this site, unless thats been rescinded.

Latest resources

Back