• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA planes taxiing too fast!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has it occurred to all of you that the original poster posted this as an invitation to a "work slowdown", not telling you how to do your job? You know, paperwork slow, taxi slow, fly slow, no visual approaches, Safety First, Write It Up, etc (not that I'm advocating these things, mind you)? Give the guy a break.

You sure can!

But you and the company will be liable when the 200s crappy ECS system and lack of airflow off the engine bleeds causes somebody to have a stroke, asthma attack, or other major medical problem directly attributed to unsafe temperatures during an overly long taxi time.

My buddies at CHQ tell me your CRJs get conditioned air in the CAL system. Unfortunately, some airlines don't want to spend the $$$ to purchase conditioned air carts...that is, if they even know WTF a conditioned air cart is...

They don't get it all the time. I JS to Houston from CMH on days off and a few times I've gotten on aircraft with no APU and no conditioning.

Has it occurred to all of you that the original poster posted this as an invitation to a "work slowdown", not telling you how to do your job? You know, paperwork slow, taxi slow, fly slow, no visual approaches, Safety First, Write It Up, etc (not that I'm advocating these things, mind you)? Give the guy a break.

Has it occured to you that we know? I think some of us are old enough to figure it out. I don't think you need someone to tell you these things.

Has it occured to you that we know? I think some of us are old enough to figure it out. I don't think you need someone to tell you these things.

Yes, it has occurred to me. And we know each other and we know that WE get it. But you must admit that many of our pilots don't. We see it every day with people going above and beyond their job description to keep this place running. Perhaps those are the ones he/she feebly tried to address, not us.

Very true. The sim portion of the interview is actually a test of your taxiing skills on a simulated slalom course around tugs, rampers and other aircraft. Speed and accuracy are important.

I failed for being to slow. I dont know how, I was in ground effect and all. :beer:

I failed for being to slow. I dont know how, I was in ground effect and all. :beer:

The ground effect was the problem. They also record your brake temperatures and you can't properly heat the pads if you're in the air.

I little bit of forward yoke pressure will keep you on the ground next time. (or says the gouge on all the interview websites)

The ground effect was the problem. They also record your brake temperatures and you can't properly heat the pads if you're in the air.

I little bit of forward yoke pressure will keep you on the ground next time. (or says the gouge on all the interview websites)

HAHA, thanx for the advice. I'll have to practice that prior to the next eval. :beer:

Latest resources

Back