ASA MEC letter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
av8tor4239 said:
Are you freaking crazy.... I made in one year what a Delta pilot ( I am assuming you are one) makes in one MONTH... AFTER YOUR PAY CUTS. I am an ASA FO. I am not saying that I should or would for that matter make what a delta pilot makes, but dont even begin to compare our pay rates to yours even after your concessions.

The only reason ASA and comair and "tech ops" are profitable is because our labor is already DISGUSTINGLY CHEAP...

We were all there buddy. I bet I made less than you did in the early 90's flying non auto pilot Dornier 228 props as an FO out of Chicago MDW. We all have had struggles in our lives. Also, I said it is probable that you will take cuts for the growth. We lost our high pay scales because, among our peer group, we were paid more than most when our company couldn't afford it. You are in the same situation, and other airlines are willing to fly your routes for less. Sad but true. If you are mad at me for pointing out the obvious, then so be it. I don't like taking pay cuts either, but we had to do it unfortunately. I know you are paid less and deserve more, but the market will determine your pay rate.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
We were all there buddy. I bet I made less than you did in the early 90's flying non auto pilot Dornier 228 props as an FO out of Chicago MDW.

I dont doubt it at all.. that was over 10 years ago..... I am not trying to compare pay, I am simply stating that Delta mainline took concessions for completley different reasons than Comair might, or ASA will ever have to.

General Lee said:
We lost our high pay scales because, among our peer group, we were paid more than most when our company couldn't afford it. You are in the same situation, and other airlines are willing to fly your routes for less.
Bye Bye--General Lee

I disagree with your statement here for the simple fact that when you took concessions your company (Delta) was 20 something BILLION in the hole. ASA and Comair are profitable.. We are profitable for several reasons.. One because we are wholely owned by Delta, and the other is that we are CHEAP Labor... I feel that there is no comparing Delta mainline concessions and it's connection carriers possible concessions.

av8tor4239 said:
I ASA and Comair are profitable.. We are profitable for several reasons.

This statement always cracks me up. PLEASE show specifics about how CMR/ASA are profitable. If you use a standard walk up fare LEX-LAX via CVG or ATL. Please break down how the CASM is spread out throughout all legs of the flight?!?!

Comair and ASA are both fee for departure airlines (have been for over 2 years). Even if they go empty they get the same fee! It just depends on there seperate arrangement with mother Delta as to what they bring in and spend each year.

Latest resources

Back