• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Happenings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Way to go falcondrivr! I had a friend (EMB120 Captain) walk in my resume last week at ASA. I hope I have a shot at an interview!! What a great place to work. I’m a low timer though so we will see…

now you guys got me worried. ive got nobody inside. i might be just going to atl and wasting my time. glad for the interview anyway.
ill post the interview details on this thread and on aviation interviews.com next thurs when i get back.
eric

The "guy on the inside" is just to bump your file to the top of the list. Once you've got the interview it's all you.

Good luck, be cool, shinny side up.

ASA Hiring

ASA is gearing up agian at a slow pace I think? I was told that the pool is being pulled from and the interviews are starting again. I have an interview on the 14th. I have been all over the net and contacting people left and right. Does anyone have any info on the interview?

I don't know what they are doing now, but two years ago it was a three part, one day affair. They looked through our log books, gave us a really simple AIM/FAR type test (stuff like light gun signals, 121 duty time limits, etc), we took a personality/IQ test, did a one-on-one interview with a line Capt., then flew the ATR sim. The sim was very basic (take off from Albany, GA, hold at the VOR, some climbs, turns, etc, then an ILS approach (raw data) and landing).

I used the interview info line at AIRINC, it was pretty close to what I was asked in the interview. Bring some food, they don't give you a chance to eat.

Good luck!

A liitle more fuel for the fire !!!

Latest information in the 4 day recurrent ground school is that hiring projections are for 3,000 pilots by end of 2004.

We have approximately 1500 pilots now so some how they are planning to hire another 1500 pilots in the next 2.5 years. That would be an average class of 42 pilots for the next 36 months.

Thats a huge goal and also indicates a substantial delivery of aircraft.

Also - a replacement turbo prop for the EMB will be decided by the end of 2002. Most likely the Dash 8 300 or maybe the Q 400.

I understand from the message board that Comair is also hiring when aircraft deliveries resume.

Folks, there is absolutely no intention for the company to stay within any type of scope limitations.

Sounds to me like the DALPA needs to convince some lawmakers that the War clause is BS before Delta becomes the world's largest regional airline!

As soon as the announcement was made that the DALPA pilots had lost the arbitration, DAL started positioning the RJ's to compete with AirTran on our ATL deprartures.

Funny thing is, we've got 117 seats we can sell, (and 12 of those are Business class) for basically the same operating costs, so if they want to start giving us the Business class customers, we can give them some of our leisure travelers, but I think it is a pretty poor trade on their part, but what do I know, I'm just a dumb ol' pilot . . . . . .!

This is in no way directed at any Delta or Delta Connection guys and gals- just at the gurus and bean counters!

Holy smoke...

ASA will essentially double in size in 2.5 years? Wow. I figured new hire classes were about to start rolling but geez... Where will all the airplanes go? Pretty interesting. How do Comair and SkyWest fit into the expansion plans? Not much more room at DFW, I guess go to the other satellite there? Anyway, definitely adds fuel to the fire.

If this is true, it would make ASA the largest regional in the world, surpassing Eagle (Eagle had about 2700 pilots before furloughs, 270 aircraft; but now it's doing the incredible shrinking act). And doubling the aircraft # on property in several years?!?

Really hard to believe, especially considering that if ASA gets 3 new aircraft every month, and retires not one, it still won't have come close to doubling the fleet in that timeframe.

Last edited:
Well guys and gals, sounds like some things are finally starting to come around. I can get two LOR's from people in the company that are holding lines out of ATL plus I have alot of friends at the company, I am a little nervous though sending stuff in becauseof the competition out there that have 121 experience and probably type experience, what do you all think? I really want to get into the company soon. Would appreciate some more feedback. CYA

Latest resources

Back