ASA Capt Brian Wilson

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Delta pilots have a list?

The plaintiffs have a list too. It's called discovery demands and apparently, the Delta pilots have yet to produce "the list" you speak of.

Speaking of lists, anyone have the names of the plantiffs on the rjdc suit?

How's that lawsuit working out for ya sparky?

Cut and paste dude..cut and paste.

that is a great summation of what drove Delta into BK. Mullin, Reid, Burns, et al, thought just that. Borrow enough money to outlast the competition, and also outlast the cycle. The believed to their core that things would get right back to normal after a couple of years.

I think the truth was the airline industry had already started a huge change prior to 9/11, and the trauma of 9/11 allowed these fools to blame forces other than market forces for Delta's decline. Remember, Delta had lost money for 1 or 2 quarters prior to 9/11.

They did not face up to real change until it was too late.

Very true. And it's exactly what I said on another thread to General Lee. you guys are very much like Pan Am was in it's heyday. Too stogy and cumbersome to react quickly enough to the rapid changes taking place in todays market. I really hope that you guys can find your way out of CH11 and that you new managers have what it takes to guide you guys to a bright and prosperous future. Good luck.

PHXFLYR

You guys sure get spun up in a hurry.

This Brian Wilson dude, so I hear here, is just another Check Airman Captain that thinks he knows it all about every subject. He probably wants you to carry his bags and laugh at all his lamo jokes too. Every airline has'em.

IMHO, you have already spent too much time considering his comments, intentions and existance.

Last edited:
Very true. And it's exactly what I said on another thread to General Lee. you guys are very much like Pan Am was in it's heyday. Too stogy and cumbersome to react quickly enough to the rapid changes taking place in todays market. I really hope that you guys can find your way out of CH11 and that you new managers have what it takes to guide you guys to a bright and prosperous future. Good luck.

PHXFLYR

Whatever FLYR......If being too "stogy and cumbersome" means not begging the government for ATSB loan/handout money like USair and America West, then paint Delta with that broad brush.........

that is a great summation of what drove Delta into BK. Mullin, Reid, Burns, et al, thought just that. Borrow enough money to outlast the competition, and also outlast the cycle. The believed to their core that things would get right back to normal after a couple of years.

I think the truth was the airline industry had already started a huge change prior to 9/11, and the trauma of 9/11 allowed these fools to blame forces other than market forces for Delta's decline. Remember, Delta had lost money for 1 or 2 quarters prior to 9/11.

They did not face up to real change until it was too late.

Excellent observation, IMHO!

SWA is also trying to outlast the competition by charging fares at cost with little profit....Radically different strategy. Has worked well post 9/11.

I also believe Delta management didn't have much leeway. You can't change an airline into another company in 24 short months. You HAVE to hope the cycle will save you if you are already committed to a course, unless you can unleash cost cutting in BK. Delta was too strong financially to go into BK in a timely manner. They HAD to hock everything to get to BK.

Then there is the executive desire to maximize their pay and retirement benefits for another 2 or 3 years as the business plan gets destroyed. They didn't have incentive (being machiavelan managment types) to restructure and cut THEIR pay so they didn't want to offer any sweeping changes to compensation and costs.

Oh well. Like I said before, when Delta management and the pilots signed the contract it was like two trains heading toward each other. It was only a matter of time until the trainwreck. Couldn't have stopped it.

Last edited:
Delta folks, Don't let this guy waste a minute of your time. He's one that never made it and is pissed off he's stuck here forever. He'll enjoy his cute little RJ for the rest of his life.

PHXFLYR

We're like the old Pan Am, huh? Really? Then you guys are the new People's Express? Or, you are the new USAir? Wait, you are the new USAir. You probably need to work on your customer service, since the old USAir never had a good reputation, which is one of the reasons Doug wanted to buy us, to bring in a sense of class. Well, I think we are working on our "cumbersome--ness", and hopefully we will become more nimble. I think we will when we come out on our own or with NWA, and I think you guys will eventually get those complaints down and bring UP your image. Good luck to you guys.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Brian W. will Never apply to Delta. He is around 50, and is enjoying his perception of being a big fish in a little pond at ASA.

He will retire there thank God.

Don't feel too special, Delta guys. He blames ASA pilots for all the woes here as well. He's also really good at writing articles. He wrote an article for our Flight Ops. publication a while back that was essentially a fictitious story about an ASA pilot's family dying in an ASA plane crash because the pilots forgot to update their Jepps and hit a tower or some such thing. I truly enjoy being lectured to like I'm in kindergarten. The man is more or less a joke here at ASA. He certainly is not representative of the ASA pilot group in any way.

I read that article on one of my ATL sits! I laughed all the way to MDT! Post some more of his musings, please! I love laughing at morons like that!

Latest resources

Back