ASA Brasilia upgrade goes to.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While everyone's on the topic..
-How often does ASA shuffle seats? (i.e. is it in some kind of regular bid interval or just whenever it becomes necessary?)
-Will there be a secondary bid that follows?

Man, do I want that phone to ring. I can't fault you guys for wanting more block time, but that doesn't make me want a classdate any less.

flx757 said:
I'm sure all of the unemployed pilots that frequent this board are just dying to listen to you b1tch and moan about your crappy lines.

Well, I feel bad for them, but we all paid some dues to get where we are. Those of us who are already employed have to look out for ourselves and our families, the airline industry isn't a welfare system, it's a job.

So, I will ask again, does anybody know why we (ASA) are doing all of this hiring when there does not seem to be enough flying available to keep those already on the payroll working efficiently?

>>>So, I will ask again, does anybody know why we (ASA) are doing all of this hiring when there does not seem to be enough flying available to keep those already on the payroll working efficiently?<<<

Obviously a scheduling issue.... But we are really short on F/O's on all planes.. Just ask the Cpts who are flying right seat every night. Ask the reserve guys who are getting 80 hours a month. My buddy is getting 60 hours a month flying only naps! And interesting enough is the Oct prelims show 0 50 seater slots, and a lot of 70 seater slots..! Guys in the July class are getting lines in OCT on the EMB and ATR!

bailout said:
>>>So, I will ask again, does anybody know why we (ASA) are doing all of this hiring when there does not seem to be enough flying available to keep those already on the payroll working efficiently?<<<

Obviously a scheduling issue.... But we are really short on F/O's on all planes.. Just ask the Cpts who are flying right seat every night. Ask the reserve guys who are getting 80 hours a month. My buddy is getting 60 hours a month flying only naps! And interesting enough is the Oct prelims show 0 50 seater slots, and a lot of 70 seater slots..! Guys in the July class are getting lines in OCT on the EMB and ATR!

Bailout, I didn't realize we were short of FOs. I guess the schedules are just a result of incompetence or it's being done intentionally.

As for the 70 seater. I have heard that we are not taking any more this year. I have also heard that we are getting all of Comair's order. I could see hiring a lot now if we are actually going to get more 70's.

Gentlemen,

Just announced today;

40 a month new hires until further notice.

Add to that;

Fleetplane for Delta lists over 180 crj 700's for DCI.

rjcap said:
Gentlemen,

Just announced today;

40 a month new hires until further notice.

Add to that;

Fleetplane for Delta lists over 180 crj 700's for DCI.

Announced where????

Latest resources

Back