• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Brasilia upgrade goes to.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
rjcap, i heard that same thing today from someone else, was it an official company announcement?

rjcap said:
Gentlemen,

Just announced today;

40 a month new hires until further notice.

Add to that;

Fleetplane for Delta lists over 180 crj 700's for DCI.

That is nice, but where are the 180 CRJ-700's going? ASA and Comair, or somewhere else?

Oh, I wouldn't count on any of that happening. One thing I've learned about ASA- I'll believe it when I see it...

Oh, I wouldn't count on any of that happening. One thing I've learned about ASA- I'll believe it when I see it...

I keep forgetting !!

The Delta pilots run the company and not Leo.

How stupid of me !!!

Last month I talked to an F/O that used to work in recruiting. He said the pool was full and there would be no interviews for quite a while.

So these 40 new hires a month, are these people that were in the pool, or off the street?

What the heck is going on?

I heard there are 28 in the Sept. 23 class, and 20 in the Oct. 7 class. All coming from the pool.

ASA hiring

I have heard the same thing about the pool being full, and they were finished interviewing untin Jan. 03

I wonder who exactly announced the 40/month deal

I know for a fact that Delta is starting a new "low cost carrier" to compete with Airtran, Southwest, and Jet Blue. Maybe it is all tied in, but the news i heard was that delta would convert the 757's to one class, nothing about using the RJ700, and they would start in the northeast markets, Delta Express is gone, and a new name will be announced.

Does anyone else know this to be true?

I did hear that Express would cease to exist and that all the 737-200 would be used to fill the gap between RJ-700 and the MD-88.Management wants an aircraft that seats around 110 passengers for some of those routes. I also heard that several (?) 757s would be converted to a single class configuration and placed on the Florida-Northeast routes in an attempt to compete with SWA & JetBlue.

Latest resources

Back