Arrivals into Mem

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
405 said:
It's sad but you most of you regional flight crews are on your own when the weather is bad.

405, I'm sure I've talked to you at least once in the past few years.

My 9e motto is "Don't be late, Penetrate":D (CopyRight2004)

It seems to always work for me!

Most of the 9e DX's do a pretty good job with the Atari 6400 systems they have. Just last Tuesday, my DX out of DTW rerouted me to the west and gave me more gas and said "Do what you need to do!!" Aight! You give me an idea of what you see and I'll tell ya what I see and gimme the gas to do it and I'll do my best to make it happen.

:cool:

TedCFII said:
405, I'm sure I've talked to you at least once in the past few years.

My 9e motto is "Don't be late, Penetrate":D (CopyRight2004)

It seems to always work for me!

Most of the 9e DX's do a pretty good job with the Atari 6400 systems they have. Just last Tuesday, my DX out of DTW rerouted me to the west and gave me more gas and said "Do what you need to do!!" Aight! You give me an idea of what you see and I'll tell ya what I see and gimme the gas to do it and I'll do my best to make it happen.

:cool:

That would be Atari 2600 systems. Anyway...

Ted, I would bet I have talked with you. I've been here a long time.

We do what we can with the unreliable gear we have in the office. I don't know who that dispatcher was but that's the way it should be: a good wx brief, a good route, throw on some fuel for whatever might happen and off you go.

We try to get it done.

If it was Bart dispatching his aircraft around thunderstorms like like that you'd see a bunch of Jungle Jet's punching the core and coming through with multiple lightening strike hits.

I intentionally route my planes through the middle of the worst weather possible. ATC will usually reroute them that way so I beat them to the punch. That's a whole lot easier than pulling some charts and doing my job. How can I fight ATC and their infinite wisdom?

405 said:
I intentionally route my planes through the middle of the worst weather possible. ATC will usually reroute them that way so I beat them to the punch. That's a whole lot easier than pulling some charts and doing my job. How can I fight ATC and their infinite wisdom?

Exactly. Besides, it takes away from the prep time required to become Supreme Solitaire Champion. ;)

I prefer to not follow my flights. Isn't that why we have assistant dispatchers? If something happens, someone will call me. :erm:

crjdxr said:
Exactly. Besides, it takes away from the prep time required to become Supreme Solitaire Champion. ;)

I prefer to not follow my flights. Isn't that why we have assistant dispatchers? If something happens, someone will call me. :erm:

I was being sarcastic about the TS avoidance routing but it happened today again and as usual. ZAU is 250 MIT SW bound due to a small cell near Gary, Indiana and 700 planes in their airspace. I planned a good route out of XXX and then got an ATC reroute through the worst area of TS along the route. Typical. ZID was only 150 MIT for XXX departures. Good day for them. Oh yeah, they capped us at 10,000 en route southbound also. Fun stuff.

This is sarcasm too.

Last edited:
405 said:
I was being sarcastic about the TS avoidance routing but it happened today again and as usual. ZAU is 250 MIT SW bound due to a small cell near Gary, Indiana and 700 planes in their airspace. I planned a good route out of XXX and then got an ATC reroute through the worst area of TS along the route. Typical. ZID was only 150 MIT for XXX departures. Good day for them. Oh yeah, they capped us at 10,000 en route southbound also. Fun stuff.

This is sarcasm too.

Right with ya Chief - followed along and added my own attempt at smart-arsing.

I have to wonder if things were better before ATC got weather radar?

"Jim? There's a cell near TCL."
"Stop ATL for an hour. I want a GDP at 70 until 2200. Then up it to 72 for the rest of the night. Can't take any chances and that should give us some breathing room. Tell ZHU I need 250 over MGM or I'm shutting 'em off."
"Good idea."

Genius I tell ya! Pure genius!

I think everybody needs to relax. Maybe Wiwid Wideo presents Wiwid Wixens Elewen on dee-wee-dee would help. ss and 405 know what I'm talkin about.

Latest resources

Back