Army of one!! YEAH!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
usair

lets see, usair the only hope they evr had was about a year a go when amr was looking at may be buying them out.

even then most of the captians that i met were worried about being able to hang on.

May be united will buy them , but united's charman said last year that if things did not get better for them they would fold, source of this news The Wall Street Jour, and CNBC The Business channel.

Which now beggs the /QUESTIONS , HAVE ANY AIRCARGO COMPANIES LAID OFF SINCE SEPT11TH?:D

I think avbugs point is that to be a professional means to act like a professional. Bastardizing the profession makes others look bad.

I though fedup's little story was a little amusing. At the same time I don't believe he does all those things. If all pilots had this attitude no one would have jobs because the companies you work for would be out of biz....

It is always fun to bash management. The orignal thread was a good vent, though it solves nothing. It is all business. If you don't like what your company does, then quit and find another...or start your own airline and you can steal all the paperclips and donuts to your hearts desire.

Just remember you're pilots out of choice. Be glad your not the bean counter who is really just another puppet in the chain of command just like the crew. It could be worse.......

I understand why Feduppilot is upset. I would keep doing the good job you used to do and work on uniting your fellow pilots. I think its a whole lot more honorable to go through the bargaining process and all walk off together, if it comes to that. I don't know what the attitudes of your fellow pilots are, but I believe a unified and determined work group could force changes. Put your energy into achieving that.

respect

I must agree with Timebuilder here. Respect is a two-way street, but substandard performance is never the way to "get even". I have had that problem MANY times in the business in which I work (insurance); long hours, ignorant management and supervisors, etc. Presently work with great management, but still long hours, impossible schedules....

Bottom line is, if you accept the pay, you need to do your very best. My wife works a job far under her college degree qualifications, at $8.00/hour. But she gives the proverbial 110% every day (as a teachers aid - wont go for her teaching cert, doesnt want to work as hard as they do for a small raise...). A question of CHARACTER. You get fed up, you find a way to take your skills, loyalty and professionalism ELSEWHERE. Maybe its a union thing, seniority and all that, that I just don't yet understand.

Also--you're right on with the military; I saw many officers, O-4+, who couldn't lead their way out of a paper bag. I saw many junior officers, 0-1 to O-3 who where great leaders and it was obvious their men thought so. Never ask someone to do something you won't or haven't already.

The president of Polartec, mentioned earlier, is a fine example. Insurance would not cover his employee's wages while the plant was rebuilt. He did out of his own pocket. Think hes got loyal employees?

Anyway, theres my unqualified $.02 from a non-aviation standpoint.

Fly safe (when you can fly at all...)

PA

I have to agree with you, too.

Even my crapiest bosses (squad sargeants, company commanders, station general managers, you name it..) always got far more from me than they ever deserved.

So, while I disagree ethically with feduppilot, I'm still wondering if what he is contemplating falls outside the work rules or contract at his carrier. Call me curious....

hyper said:
Seems easy to condemn "feduppilot" when you're not in his shoes.

Keep in mind fellas, you can continue to beat the most loyal dog.....but eventually he's going to bite back. It's only natural.

:( You got it right, our pilots have suffered many contract violations over the last four years. Now our contract is reaching it's end our pilot groups are looking to improve work conditions. This is not only for us but for future pilots of our company.
It is understood that there are a lot of unemployed pilots out there, we want them to come back or be employed to an industry leading contract. If you have not experianced a poor contract combined with the restrictions of the railway labor act and company abuse of the same, then you really cannot comment on peoples anger and frustration with their employer.
The issue is not about the professionalism of our pilot group, it is about gaining a significant improvment in our contract,

I am tired of people think what FedUp is doing is substandard performance. He is simply doing his job. Do we all not write up aircraft at outstations now because that is suposedly "sub-standard performance". Give me a break. Once companies start treating me with respect, than I will go above and beyond my job duties. Until then they can ki$$ my a$$ and I will only do what my job requires me to do.

And about the injuction at American, correct me if I am wrong, but all of their write ups were legal. The courts said it was an illegal work action because the amount of write ups increased dramatacly, but they could not find one write up that should have not been a write up.

At the end of the day all that really counts is whether you can look at yourself in the mirror and say "I come from a honorable house". Make the Klingon Empire proud.

KlingonLRDRVR

Latest resources

Back