• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Are you in the "Waiting Mode?"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Have you considered registering with a “Temporary Agency” in Las Vegas? If I am not mistaken, there ought to be a few in your area...

Do some "canyon running"

You probably know some canyon runners that could help out. It will pay some bills and keep you current.

Good Luck!

Just a litttle perspective.

Are you kidding? I make 1000 bucks a month in the summer and pretend I have a job in the winter. You've got to be doing better than that with your 8000 hours. You probably have my dream job.

Answering several comments in one broad stroke:

AVBUG - "Burn what bridges? Life is about work. Work."

Your advice is good. I have to look out for myself first.

Tokyo Mew Mew - "Have you considered registering with a “Temporary Agency” in Las Vegas? If I am not mistaken, there ought to be a few in your area."

Yes, Tokyo.... I have registered with two "Temporary Agencies." Haven't got a lot of jobs but it helps once in a while.

Jeff Helgesen - You probably know some canyon runners that could help out. It will pay some bills and keep you current. Good Luck!

Hi, Jeff.... Nice to hear from you.....

The Canyon is not for me anymore. I need to make a career for myself. Going back to flying the canyon might hurt my career more than help it at this point. Besides, I have prospects, I just don't know when they are going to move forward with their plans.

See you all later....

I sold cars. It can be fun for a couple of months. If you work it right, it's 6-7K a month from week one. If you quit in a month or two, most car dealers don't really care, so no burned bridges...

Other than that, have you tried contract flying? Work every angle you can. Persistence is the key, I believe. I just got the job I've been chasing for three years.

Good luck!

DF, I'm in a similar situation. I got laid off on December 31, and I don't think anyone will be calling me until April or so...

So I got a job driving a lift shuttle bus in a ski town in Colorado. It helps if you can speak some shred. Seriously, driving a bus of drunken Denverites and Muppers is far more fun than I ever though it could be, and the large number of Aussie and Argentinian resort employees keeps life "interesting."

I am making more money now that I have ever made in my life, plus nobody asks why we don't show up when the powder hits.

I certaintly don't want to do this forever, but until someone calls me (XJET, SkyWest, CHQ, the cute waitress at the creek...) this is one heckuva way to "kill time."

I will guarantee that you could find a job driving a school bus in Vegas. Those are easy come, easy go jobs. Though they don't tend to pay real well. chin up man, not working beats working ANY day. Sorta sucks, sorta doesn't.

Dan

Ok, alright I'm going to reveal the best kept secret of my fledgling career. Ferry airplanes. It beats sitting in front of this computer waiting for someone to come along and offer me a job. It pays between $100. to $200. a day plus expenses, depending on who, what and where you fly. Make up some buisness cards on your computer and put a card on every FBO bulletin board you see.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Bryan D said:
Ok, alright I'm going to reveal the best kept secret of my fledgling career. Ferry airplanes, dammit. It beats sitting in front of this computer waiting for someone to come along and offer me a job. It pays between $100. to $200. a day plus expenses, depending on who, what and where you fly. Make up some buisness cards on your computer and "hold yourself out to the public" by putting a card on every FBO bulletin board you see. I don't want to brag but I'm ferrying a T-28A from CA to IN in a week or so. What could be more fun than that?

I've been thru the airline (I mean regional) interviews. All they want to do is twist your titties and pay you $20. an hour.

Good luck.

Very interesting.... Is there that much oppotunity to ferry aircraft out there?
Are you dealing with Aircraft Brokers?

Kingairrick said:
I sold cars. It can be fun for a couple of months. If you work it right, it's 6-7K a month from week one. If you quit in a month or two, most car dealers don't really care, so no burned bridges...

Other than that, have you tried contract flying? Work every angle you can. Persistence is the key, I believe. I just got the job I've been chasing for three years.

Good luck!

Congratulations on getting the job you've been pursuing. I know my day will come.

Latest resources

Back