Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DesertFalcon

Member since 1999
How many of you, out there, are in the waiting for the job of your dreams?

I am sitting here in Las Vegas hoping for a couple of opportunities to come through; I can't afford not to take a full-time job - out of aviation - and, I can't afford to burn bridges, by taking a job short-term.

Unfortunately, bills keep coming and I still have this weird desire to eat food.

I am trying to stay available, as a pilot, and make enough money to get by too!

Are any of you, on the board, in a similar position?
What have you done to persist in the INSANE industry?

I think everyone goes through this in their aviation career. My advice would not be to "keep waiting" for something to come through, but really go after any and all opportunities. It seems by your profile that you are more than qualified with the amount of hours you have to secure a good paying job. Since I do not really know your background, it is hard for me to comment specifically on your situation.

Keep plugging away!! :)

Kathy

Falcon,

Keep your head up bro.. Your ship will come in.

At this point, everything is too insane in the industry to make any long-term plans to any particular goal. I have goals, and desires for my career, but my success isn't based on achieving them. I think at this point, my success is more based on meeting someone, having a close family, and many friends. I think that's what's important.

rumpletumbler said:
Have you tried Polar Air Cargo? I have a friend who flies for them out of Vegas.

I didn't know that "Polar" had a LAS Domicile. Does he commute to L.A. or another city?

qmaster3 said:
Falcon,

Keep your head up bro.. Your ship will come in.

Qmaster3....

Thanks for the good thoughts.

Resume Writer said:
I think everyone goes through this in their aviation career. My advice would not be to "keep waiting" for something to come through, but really go after any and all opportunities. It seems by your profile that you are more than qualified with the amount of hours you have to secure a good paying job. Since I do not really know your background, it is hard for me to comment specifically on your situation.

Keep plugging away!! :)

Kathy

Hi, Kathy...

I am sure I could get "a Job" somewhere in the country, however, I have limited myself to a Southern Nevada job. I have a good handle on the jobs here and I hope that things will open up soon. I guess I am just kind-of-stubborn and won't give up on my desire to stay in Las Vegas; I've been here for 25 years!

I hope everything is going well for you. You may now resume writing. :)
Get it???

Burn what bridges? Life is about work. Work.

Can't take short term work? Crikey. I've taken short term jobs that ranged from armed gaurd to making pizzas, cleaning movie theatres, sweeping supermarket floors, whatever. I never burned any bridges doing that, but I did work, did stay busy, did earn bread to put on the table.

Ever been in this position? Sure. Many, many times. Welcome to aviation.

Latest resources

Back