Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone in the AWAC class starting Feb 20th?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flyin4pennies said:
Anyone know how long to upgrade now?

Upgrade is currently about 3 years, and depending on what happens to attrition and growth it could increase or decrease. Right now there is no planned growth and attrition is slowing, so expect upgrade time to rise.

Was told at interview that upgrade was only about 2 yrs. That was in January. Has it really gone up a full year in just a months time? I would say it will stay stable especially with the hiring they are expected to do come May and June...

CaptETWes said:
Was told at interview that upgrade was only about 2 yrs. That was in January. Has it really gone up a full year in just a months time? I would say it will stay stable especially with the hiring they are expected to do come May and June...

Hiring has slowed, interviews have all been postponed until at least march from what I understand (I am not in the HR dept of course, so I could be wrong), the attrition has slowed and the BAE-146 people are all slated to come over to the RJ come end of april. Again, things change daily but it is my understanding that upgrade will only rise unless we grow or attrition picks up. In anycase, this is a nice place to work and things could change tomm, so just enjoy the ride and when upgrade happens it happens. You really have to be psychic to know when your upgrade will really happen.

EyeFli said:
yeah, i'm in for Feb. 20th. First 121 gig also! i'm a local here and yes we just got dumped on with snow (about 12 inches yesterday) 5 degrees for a high Saturday and 14 for Sunday........you guys should love it!

hey,

Just wondering if you interviewed on the 8th or 9th, or did you interview in January? Thanks in advance

CaptETWes said:

CaptETWes, an FO I flew with recently goes to CA training soon and he has just over three years in with AWAC. I bet it hasn't gone below 2.5 years from new hire date to Ca training start. Two years sounds a little too optimistic to me, the Bae146 pilots are coming over to the RJ ranks soon, and don't expect any CRJ FO-CA upgrades until June at the earliest I would guess.

I hope you enjoy training. It seems like you have a good attitude, I'm glad to have you here. I guess you caught me on a down day before. Best wishes, now I've got to get moving or I'll be late for the local party meeting (piker!).

Hello,
I was TSA in California for USairways, and I have a M&H 52R uniform coat. Here is the deal, the coat is free, all you gotta do is pay for the shipping, you can prepay the UPS or FedEx or your choice of shippers. I have worn uniforms my entire life and worked in a family tuxedo shop while in high school, this is a quality coat and it is virtually unworn. We were not required to wear a uniform coat during the warm season, hence the lack of wear.
This jacket is too nice to throw away, pass it along to any classmates who may be interested, have them PM me.
PBR

n757st said:
Hiring has slowed, interviews have all been postponed until at least march from what I understand (I am not in the HR dept of course, so I could be wrong), the attrition has slowed and the BAE-146 people are all slated to come over to the RJ come end of april. Again, things change daily but it is my understanding that upgrade will only rise unless we grow or attrition picks up. In anycase, this is a nice place to work and things could change tomm, so just enjoy the ride and when upgrade happens it happens. You really have to be psychic to know when your upgrade will really happen.

I think only a wegie board could predict how many of the 146 guys are going to stay. I bet a bunch of them take the type and bail. Kinda like the upgrade, hard to tell for another year or so when things might finally settle down a bit.
We need to go to the I.P.....

Latest resources

Back