Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fLYbUDDY

never stop the rock!!!!
Obviously with "izzy" out there some waves will be a coming. If your planning to be on the east coast this next week leave room in the plane for a board and pair of baggies. Florida forecast is calling for 6-10ft with 12ft+ on Tues. and by Wed. surfline said 8-12ft with occ 15+. It's already head high here. Should be lots of fun if it doesn't close out (and if I can finish all my work to actually go out and play.) Hatteras will probably be going off too. Have fun and be safe!

I get done with a trip Tuesday morning, and if my aforementioned deep sea fishing trip goes south, I'll be riding my 9'6" in Atlantic Beach, NC by nightfall.

...then probably running for high ground by Wednesday night. This beeyotch looks like a mean one. I bravely ran away from Fran and Floyd, too, after getting some righteous surf.

Growing up in eastern PA, I spent alot of my summers surfing on the Jersey shore. Storm season is the best, good waves, post labor day everybody is gone except hardcore surfers and the lifeguards are gone so you can surf anywhere. The water is at its warmest and the waves come with the storms, have fun. Wish I was a teenager again.

I will be taking my daughter up to Jupiter for the day to surf this week if I don't get called out.

I just came in from a session. St. auggie is head high with bigger sets. It's supposed to get bigger over the next couple of days. Should be fun here all week.

I would, but..

.. The Rockies are in the way.

How well does an Arrow do in the surf anyway?

-- Shaun the landlubber

Went out at Juno Saturday morning and it was only waist to chest and REAL mushy. I'm sure it will get bigger in a couple of days...maybe too big! We'll see.

I got back a little while ago from Ormond (Florida.) It was okay. Nice size and wasn't too mushy (about head high) but it was dumping a little. I think it was just enough wind to close them out. Of course as I was leaving it got good. Glassed off a little and was building (quite rapidly it seemed too) A couple 1ft overheaders came through, but it was getting dark and I had some work to finish up at home. Yep it will (theoretically) get really big the next few days pretty much everywhere on the east coast. I think at 15ft it will be a little too big for a Florida bottom (other then reef road in Palm Beach.) It will close out and you'll wish you stayed on the beach and watched everyone else trying to make it get worked. Have fun this should make good surf for the next couple of days. Remember to report all the stories back here. You know I saw a shark and it almost ate my friend, the sets were huge and nailed us, caught the best wave of my life, broke my board, broke my teeth, and anything else funny or interesting that happens in your next couple of sessions. I love the memories that get made from a good hurricane swell! Be safe and have fun!

Ohh and by the way-I heard the Jupiter area was a good head high today (sunday via surfline.) Here she comes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back