Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anybody know the airnet guy that landed at bkv at 3:00 today?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hotwings402 said:
Why is it a good thing?

It's a 'good' thing because I was being sarcastic...

You're calling someone out on the INTERNET in a most indirect way. And from what it sounds like, no harm no foul.

hotwings402 said:
and if a midair occured you would have been cited it for not following a recommend procedure

no if a midair occurred, you'd be DEAD.

I cut off a 402 yesterday because I was making a straight in... boo hoo.

hotwings402 said:
He did a straight in to final and cut us off when we were on base

So....let me get this right, you knowingly turned base when you knew this guy was rocketing in on final. I am assuming that both of you were making radio calls. That seems to be a bad judgment call (great example for your student) on your part to knowingly turn base and force this guy to abort the landing and possiblly cause all kinds of other issues. Look, an all out traffic pattern is not required by law, it is recommended, but sometimes not practical. This guy is on a tight schedule (I also fly checks and other freight, so i understand), and he flies an aircraft that is much faster than yours, which makes it less manueverable.

Refer to rule # 1 & 2 posted earlier

Freight Dogs always have the right of way... Yield to us as we are the best pilots out there! Don't ever forget it either!!! :D

Almost All Airnet flights are under IFR (even In VMC) we always file . so probably this guy was on a straight in IFR approach or a visual Approach or a contact approach. so he probably never thought about joining the pattern

501261 said:
You may also want to rethink your attitude. The other guy a "jerk" for "cutting you off", you've been doing pattern work for over an hour, how about extending some common courtesy and simply extending you downwind a little.
Exactly. I don't know what the big deal is, usually you can work these deals out with a little simple radio work and some planning.

It seems like there's two kinds of people that you can't work "deals" out with; certain self serving bastards that fly their own twins and CFI's that have some kind of baseless point to prove.

I make straight-in approaches all the time. IT'S LEGAL:p !!!!!! If you want to add me to your "list", go for it. I'm sure me and the rest would get a kick on what a tool you are:laugh: !!!!!!

BTW- Quite your f-ing whining, or go to towered airports only:smash: !!!!!

It all revolves around his radio calls. Did he call and report his position? If so, then move, if not, then he's a jerk and deserves extra seeds in his FBO popcorn.

Latest resources

Back