• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any "Latest & Greatest" About Atlas?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This contract is way too long... We will own this thing for 10 years. We pretty much lost profit sharing; oh yeah, just keep the first 75 million! Got screwed on scope, we lost our disfavored carrier protection so now u can enjoy a nice flight on China Eastern or Aeroflot on your 24 hour tour around the world, our BUG went from 65 to 62, and oh yeah, keep us out another day! that's cool! instead of getting paid 6 hours for the home study I just completed I get paid 3. The deadhead I just completed will get paid out at a third instead of half, and how the hell did we just sign off on a contract without any sort of line guarantee? Not to mention they took out 400 dollars from my last paycheck for hotel tax...oh yeah! These Assclowns have been making us pay the taxes on our hotels when we sit reserve in base...this is insane. But; oh yeah! I'm making a ton of money with a really high rig! wow!

I like my job; it's a good job. I don't mean to bitch. It's just hard to watch this go down, we had such a great chance to negotiate an amazing contract with a company making record profits and sitting on a billion in cash buying airplanes and growing like crazy. We could have really done something great; but, instead we negotiated this contract in the same fashion as the Cards pitching staff last night... It's just hard to watch. I wanted better, you guys deserve better and I know that we could have gotten better. It's still a great place to work and I'll leave it at that

Big Pimpn: You have some really good points that I think should be addressed. The early opener is in 4 years and we need guys like you to be ready when we can start.

I totally agree with some of your concerns and others I do not. Profit Sharing is a joke. A corporation has so much latitude to show a profit or a loss that it is not even funny. If I was the CFO and had the choice of paying out profit sharing or paying cash for a brand new 747-8 which one do you think I would do? I would rather take higher pay rates than profit sharing that is left up to our management to decide if we get it our not.

I would also like a higher guarantee but most of the time it won't matter. It is the rig, not hours flown, or guarantee that is paying out for these lines. Our kind of flying will almost always have the rig paying rather than either hard time or guarantee.

Deadhead pay....I agree with you 100%. We should get paid more for that. In most cases, even if we got more credit for that, the rig should pay out more.

Taxes....I agree with you 100%. I heard a rumor that since the company views our hotel in base as compensation and takes out taxes that our union is asking why we are not getting the match on that compensation in our 401k....Brilliant Move! I hope this fight gets traction.

Scope...I agree with you 100%. This should be first on our list to fix with the new contract. Without scope, none of the rest of what we are talking about even matters.

The first 767 is out flying. They did the mini-evac and doing ETOPS runs I believe this weekend or early next week. It was doing bounces up in the NY area on the 1st.

The second 767 was pulled into the hangar for paint on Tuesday if memory serves me. It was sitting on the ramp all taped up for a few days. Not sure when that one will be out.

The third one has been picked out and is coming from Air Canada, but from what JC told the new hire class a couple weeks ago the deal is not totally done.

Sounds like OE for the first class of captains end of the month.

Are all recent newhires getting the 767? What about future classes - what will be the likely mix between 767 and 744 for newhires?

Will all of the 767s initially be used on DHL routes out of CVG? Only domestic flying? Anyone know more details on how the 767s will be used? I thought a few would be used for MAC passenger charters but I could be wrong...

Five 767's that DHL owns and Atlas will crew will most likely do night hub turns out of CVG and three that Atlas is buying and own will be passenger for the military.

Latest resources

Back