Any "Latest & Greatest" About Atlas?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JonnyKnoxville

I figured that since there were multiple threads on Atlas within this website that we could consolidate the information here.

Anyone hear the number of 767s on property? I have heard 1 is overhauled and painted. Flew from MIA to JFK this past week. #2 and #3 are being overhauled and painted in MIA. Three more are coming from Air Canada. All of these are 767-300s for pax hauling.

Then the rumor is the 5 for DHL flying are 767-200s originally operated by TWA.

Can anyone confirm or correct or add to this information?

is it true their new contract, while having a pay raise is mostly concessionary? No business class travel domestic, and 19 days (including travel) on the road?

is it true their new contract, while having a pay raise is mostly concessionary? No business class travel domestic, and 19 days (including travel) on the road?

It's 17 days, it's concessionary for us Polar guys; but, a slight improvement for Atlas...we could have done much much better imho...

I do not think it is concessionary for any Atlas / Polar pilot. It is too new to see the benefits but they are pretty clear when one reads the contract. I am on first year pay and will make almost $10,000 this month.

If you were looking for a UPS / FedEx plus contract, then yes, you would be disappointed. But concessionary, not even close....for either group.

I do not think it is concessionary for any Atlas / Polar pilot. It is too new to see the benefits but they are pretty clear when one reads the contract. I am on first year pay and will make almost $10,000 this month.

If you were looking for a UPS / FedEx plus contract, then yes, you would be disappointed. But concessionary, not even close....for either group.

that's pretty impressive pay wise, but did you 'pay' for it in terms of work rules of any sort of QOL on the road? Are you basically flying from one min-rest to another? Or do you get to enjoy the occasional 36 hours layover?

So its 17 days inclusive of travel? I'd heard it was 17+travel...

that's pretty impressive pay wise, but did you 'pay' for it in terms of work rules of any sort of QOL on the road? Are you basically flying from one min-rest to another? Or do you get to enjoy the occasional 36 hours layover?

So its 17 days inclusive of travel? I'd heard it was 17+travel...

Well....I'm enjoying my second day wandering around Amsterdam. All the more so since with the trip rig I'm not losing money because I'm not flying. Traveling to work has always been pretty much on your own time unless your trip leaves late at night. Even then I usually go the day before anyway rather than start out the trip flying tired. No different than when I had to jump seat to work with my prior company. I like the flying and I am happy with the contract. Is either perfect? Of course not. Perfect isn't to be found on this planet. All the more so because what would be perfect for me might not work at all for someone else. This is a pretty good gig!

Well....I'm enjoying my second day wandering around Amsterdam. All the more so since with the trip rig I'm not losing money because I'm not flying. Traveling to work has always been pretty much on your own time unless your trip leaves late at night. Even then I usually go the day before anyway rather than start out the trip flying tired. No different than when I had to jump seat to work with my prior company. I like the flying and I am happy with the contract. Is either perfect? Of course not. Perfect isn't to be found on this planet. All the more so because what would be perfect for me might not work at all for someone else. This is a pretty good gig!

good to hear then, that's always good to hear.

It's most def concessionary for us on the Polar side; at least the work rules..we lost a day and went from 16 to 17, we lost three hours guaruntee, we lost our deadhead credit which got cut from half to a third and they can now deadhead us up to 24 hours, before it was only 16, we let scope go to Kashier and got screwed on that as well and got screwed on a number of other quality of life issues just for a litte extra cash.

I mean no disrespect and I'm not trying to stir the pot; I am happy u r doing so well in your first year and you deserve every cent of that 10k u made this month; but, you should have made that 10k working 3 less days at a higher garuntee and working less...and I've been on the property a whole lot longer than u; so, I know exactly how hard u had to work to make that 10k! u didn't make that sitting hotel reserve...lol..my point is; we could have done better, we took it up the ass, we folded and gave up quite a bit of qol for a few more dollars...imho

And everything about this industry is concessionary. Back in the 60's, some guy was sitting in that seat flying the same airplane making 20k per month, and that was back when you could buy a brand new corvette for 5k and gas was a 20 cents per gallon. This little pay bump doesn't even cover COLA.

Latest resources

Back