• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any ex-waterskiers out there?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Trans States is a great place to be FROM. A great pilot group that refuses to let Uncle Huli break them. However, unless you live in St Louis, I'd use the experience to springboard elsewhere.

When I left I thought that the standard was:
1. Pay based on flight time, not block (you taxi for free)
2. There is never more than 1 GPU for any seven aircraft. (Jetstreams)
3. Planes painted with Rollers instead of at a paint shop.
4. First day of ground school being told that "80% of you will fail your checkride."
5. Flight attendants with tattoos on their neck that beat the bartender from the hotel bar (Schooners?) and put her in the hospital.
6. Planes with six coats of paint from all the "10 year" codeshare agreements that were signed every couple of weeks.

I found out that is Not how it works everywhere else. I was young and had a BLAST there, but long term, I'm glad I left.

A lot of places are hiring like mad. You'll have more time than most of your classmates and will upgrade quick.

Frank was Right! (I wonder if he's still alive)

Run mothf#cka run.....and I quote Samuel L. Jackson...Yeah get the hell out....TSA is great for the following reasons:

* Resume building
* Experience building
* Making lifelong friends

It does not compare to other places such as CHQ,SKYW, XJT, Horizon, etc. If youre a commuter all the more reason to leave. I miss my friends but I love my current company great pay and great flying and an upgrade that will hopefully stay fairly quick..but even if it takes a while to upgrade here at XJT i'll still be happy and not wishing to die in a drive by shooting at the Pear Tree.

Stinker
TSA Alumni Current Jetlinker

I think I might know who you are. does your wife have a bun in the oven?

By the way, Wendy left for the TSA folks that had to experience "her."

Last edited:
Frank used to say that the J31 was a pile of junk flying in formation. He also had alot to say about Trans States. Guess what, Frank was right!!!

I googled him yesterday to find out if he's still around, he's active in the Ozark Airlines alumni association! So I guess he's doing well.

I've been at TSA for over 3 years. Trust me, it's only going to get worse for you here. Apply to a better regional and get out while you can.

To put it plainly, I spent 7 years building up my flight time in hopes of becoming an airline pilot. I was hired by TSA in MAY of 05 and quit flying altogether in May of 06. To company burned me out, the contract burned me out and now i cringed whenever i have to go to an airport to fly somewhere. I was making 16 K a year flying 50 people around, and now i am making 100K at an investment bank doing aerospace research.

Quit flying, go get an MBA and make tons of money and you get to be home every night! (admissions people at MBA programs fall in love with a people who are airline pilots) Grad school will cost you a hefty chunk of change, but if you go into some field of finance, you will make plenty to cover the loan payment. Just think of how much you spent on flying and now you get paid 16 K a year...

Being a pilot is not what it used to be. Pilots get no respect, and if Majors ever start hiring again there are tens of thousands of other regional pilots with more time than you.

I have ten times more fun now flying a Saratoga around looking for 2000x30 foot runways to land on over the weekends.

Quit, or at least stay way from TSA.

I just resigned from TSA to go over to ExpressJet. If the salary difference isn't enough ($10000/yr more 2nd year for the SAME JOB) to make up your mind, consider what a better company XJT or other regionals are.

Hotdog Mouth LIVES !!!!!!!

For the HORDE........

and of course........... B L A M E R A M O S!!!!

Hotdog Mouth LIVES !!!!!!!

For the HORDE........

and of course........... B L A M E R A M O S!!!!

I've been seeing "for the horde" and "hot dog mouth lives" everywhere at TSA for months. What are these slogans about? Whats the deal?

Well, blame ramos came from a guy who always seemed to one up everybody while in class or anywhere for that matter. At least thats what I heard from a guy who was in class with him. The others I dont know about.

Latest resources

Back