Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

any comebacks for the 'small plane' comment?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A little off the topic but...

A few months ago, while waiting for the jetway to be pulled up, a guy was giving me sh!t over a firm landing. He had a few in him and was acting like a big shot infront of his business class buddys. Insted of explaining how we are required to auto-land once a month to maintain currency, I said "Sir, when I pull up to the drive-thru do I give you a hard time when you're at work?". His buddys thought it was funny.

Last edited:
It's only small when its parked next to your wifes a$$

At the end of a long day and hearing the "small plane" comments on a number of our other turns that day, another pax decided he'd be funny and ask if he could fly on something bigger to our destination of Alexandria, LA. The CA had heard enough of it and turned to the redneck passenger and just said cooly, "Sir, you go to a sh!tty destination, you get a sh!tty plane."

And with that, the guy turned around and took his seat.

In the early 90's as an FO loading a Metro at BWI 3 little Grandma's came out towards the plane. They were chattering away about the 'cute little airplane' and were obviously on a holiday and having a ball. They boarded and next the 20 year old 'football hero' type came out, turned & asked the ticket agent loudly if there were something bigger going to BOS, our destination. One Grandma leaned out and asked, "Whats the matter sonny, chicken?" Embarrassed the hell out of him he turned around and went back. I lost it then and my Captain and the gate agent also lost it.

Found out a week later the guy went to BOS via DTW.

To a Canadian passenger:

This is the biggest plane your country makes.

Somewhat related:

Back in Horizon's Metro days, there was a flight boarding at Sun Valley when a guy came out grumbling about the size of the airplane. The FO made some smartass retort, which only infuriated the guy. "Don't you know who I am!?"

The FO said, "Sir, let me show you something." He took the guy around the nose of the airplane, pointed at the gulfstreams & citations across the field, and said "if you were anyone worth knowing, you'd be flying in one of those!"

moscowcfi said:
To a Canadian passenger:

This is the biggest plane your country makes.

Haha, thats pretty funny. I may have to use that one.

A few years back, before I got into flying, My friend and I were boarding a plane and she got in looked down the aisle and said "oh, its a small plane". I think it caught the F/A off guard and she replied, "its a medium size plane". We were boarding a Jetblue A320!!

DashTrash400 said:
Somewhat related:

Back in Horizon's Metro days, there was a flight boarding at Sun Valley when a guy came out grumbling about the size of the airplane. The FO made some smartass retort, which only infuriated the guy. "Don't you know who I am!?"

The FO said, "Sir, let me show you something." He took the guy around the nose of the airplane, pointed at the gulfstreams & citations across the field, and said "if you were anyone worth knowing, you'd be flying in one of those!"

I heard this story so cant dont know how true it is but it went like this......

People were lining up to board the plane and then a man walked up to the front of the line and the gate agent told him he has to get in line. His response was

"do you know who I am?"

so she went on the PA system and asked everyone
"Does anyone know who this man is?"

he was pissed and said

"F*ck you"

and she replied, "you have to stand in line for that too"

Latest resources

Back