Another Southwest question...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:pimp: Yeah, whatever...

Seems like "flying on the side" is "flying on the side" both get paid for it, right? Only one has to count it towards his time. Only one has to ask the VP of Flight Ops for permission to do it. The other guy gets trips pulled that are in the way, a full union committee to help and a supplemental (primary) retirement fund in the end.

Not a bad deal for some.
Just the facts baby... You guys need to lighten up a bit, I only speak the facts.

Thanks, good to know...

Just for the record, it would not be for the money (mostly). I just like flying with a friend on occasion and golfing on somebody else's dime. Guess not though...

I do it, and the there is a section in the FOM that references other commercial flying. 15 hrs is the max. Sent a letter to the VP and it was sent back within a week telling me go for it and be careful. Ignore all previous naysayer posts.

I've know 2 guys who did it. No problem, not a lot of hours and I think one was doing it during vacation.

As far as SWA/FO 's military comments .... dude don't ever ask for my support again. I know who you are and was giving you the benefit of the doubt, but you have gone too far.

When I was a reservist I took a pay cut to do something that was scary and sucked. There is some truth for you "union brother".

If SWA/FO already upgraded the company has some "splaining" to do as they passed over about 500 pilots.

Thats what I was thinking.

As far as SWA/FO 's military comments .... dude don't ever ask for my support again. I know who you are and was giving you the benefit of the doubt, but you have gone too far.

Too far? I haven't gone anywhere. I'm just pointing out the facts/differences in the two categories. One you have to ask, one you have the God given right to do and a law to help you. Are you that sensitive, Try not to read much more into it, OK. Veiw my comments as if you're an outsider.

A few posts back, I said the Military folks have a better networking system then the civilians and that made some of you guys cry foul.

I am sorry you are that sensitive. I thought you were tougher then that.

I for once have to agree with the SWA/FO.....

Dd I just say that..?

What is good for one should be good for all......

:pimp: Yeah, whatever...

Seems like "flying on the side" is "flying on the side" both get paid for it, right? Only one has to count it towards his time. Only one has to ask the VP of Flight Ops for permission to do it. The other guy gets trips pulled that are in the way, a full union committee to help and a supplemental (primary) retirement fund in the end.

Not a bad deal for some.
Just the facts baby... You guys need to lighten up a bit, I only speak the facts.

I'm with you on this SWA/FO. Outside flying is fine/dandy/expected/no questions asked for the mil folks, but subject/questionable/suspicious/wierd for the civ folks?

Sorry to add to the list of Southwest posts, but I couldn't find an answer in any of the old posts...

I am wondering if Southwest allows any outside flying?

It would be a pt 91 coporate gig, just to fill in on a couple of days off of the regular pilots. Probably no more than 10 hours a month at most. Just trying to prepare me and the company for the future, when and if my oppuritunity comes along.

One other question is there a minimum credit per month that you must work? Thanks....

Why would you want to fly more? You will likely be exhausted from your multi-sector, 25-min turn days. The last thing you will want to do is fly another airplane... Go play some golf.

Latest resources

Back