• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another E145 bites the dust...Ouch!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well hey....it looks like it's one hell of a durable airplane....especially when foreigners have their way with it...

Google Translate, baby.

Plane skids on runway and left two injured in Vitoria da Conquista

Juscelino Souza | Vitoria da Conquista Branch *
A plane Passaredo (prefix PTB-2231), with capacity for 50 people skidded twice on the runway while trying to land at the airport Otacílio Pedro de Figueiredo, Vitória da Conquista (to 509 km from Salvador) at around 14:40 this Wednesday Thursday, 25. Two people had minor injuries and were rescued by a team of Mobile Service Emergency (Samu).
According to initial information, the landing gear of the ERJ, Embraer did not open forcing the landing on his belly. With the impact on the ground, one of the turbines came on fire but was extinguished by the Fire Department. Because of the accident, the runway is interdicted.
191719.jpg

Initially, A TARDE On Line had reported that the aircraft was carrying 35 passengers, mostly elderly. But a statement from Passaredo, there were 27 people aboard - three crew and 24 passengers. The statement also said that the company was investigating the causes of the event found during the landing today and has sent technicians to the site for investigation.
According to retired Railda Garcia, 66, the shock was great, as people shouted that the plane was on fire. The woman was coming from Sao Paulo to Vitoria da Conquista in the company of his daughter, Viviane Garcia.

Wasn't Continental Express the first airline to ding one up? as I recall, it was a brand new 145 on a training run back in '97 or so...

"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it."

Wasn't Continental Express the first airline to ding one up? as I recall, it was a brand new 145 on a training run back in '97 or so...

Yep we did, one of the early models...Back when training was done on the aircraft, now that hull sits in our Houston training center as a cabin trainer.

Nevertheless, I don't think there's been a fatality on a Emb 145 (at least not in the US). For over 1000 airframes out there doing 5+ legs a day since the 90's, that's a pretty good safety record.

Edit: Actually WIKI confirms
"The ERJ 145 family of aircraft has no reported crashes or fatalities due to mechanical malfunction in over 15 million hours (as of June 2009) of flight time for the fleet.[8] There have been a small number of incidents and accidents involving the ERJ 145."

Latest resources

Back