• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anderson to align capacity with demand

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow. I obviously struck a nerve judging by the War & Peace dissertations given in the last 24 hours since I stopped by. Hadn't been here much at all in the last 6 months or so....glad (sad) to see that you guys are still on patrol like an 80 year old Japanese soldier still in the jungles of Guam or Saipan (DAL-S pilots please consult Google Earth now).

Let's see, nwaredtail hit most of the major rebuttal points, thanks! Licorice, you're obviously smarter than and a bit less offensive than PuffDaddy (maybe you're one of those on the DALPA board...them fellers be s-m-a-r-t!!) but you lose me in your numbers. Redtail is correct. Relative seniority is expressed as a % of the entire list. Within 24 hours of the list coming out one of our guys had an app on his website that you input your number to and it spit out a chart showing your number and % position on the entire list for every year until age 65. From what we've seen of Delta Technology so far, DAL should hire him at triple his pilot pay rate. According to them "smart DAL-S guys" over on the DALPA boards, TravelNet sucks BTW. Their words. His website is the same one that emails you open trips in your category the second they hit the board and lists you on a jumpseat unattended while you're playing golf and DAL-S guys are queing up on the phone. Anyway, his lists and others clearly show that the average DAL-N pilot loses around 10 % relative seniority on the combined list, compared to the starting % at DCC, inside of 10 years. Now according to Pdiddy that doesn't matter because we could be extict tomorrow, which begs the question: if he really believes that, how sad is it that he is spending what could be his last day blathering away on Flight Info? Anyway, licorice, you should be able to understand that right? If a NWA guy was going to retire at 5% from the top of the list and now will retire at 15% down the list it = some big differences. PDiddy wants us to believe that it is purely a function of a new, bigger pilot group due to merger. That misses the point completely. Noone would say a word if it was as simply as that due to there being more pilots. The growth of the relative seniority disparity over the next 8 - 10 years, to the detriment of the NWA pilot and the GAIN of the DAL pilot, indicates one thing: DAL-S pilots capture and directly benefit from a large portion of the NWA retirements. That's thanks to the arbitrators. Like I've said many times, it is what it is and it's over. No one is "crying" about THAT. Find a post by me in the last 6 months complaining about the SLI. I'm responding to the 100% Grade A BS statement that NWA pilots received a "windfall" even though the numbers clearly show that the attrition on the NWA side mainly benefits the pre-merger DAL pilots....you know, the ones that think they got a screw job in the merger.

I agree that there are more 757/767 available to NWA guys due to the merger. I'll preface the next statement by saying that ALL of our payrates SUCK compared to what we ALL made a few years ago. But the 757/767/76ER that you guys gush about, pay a ridiculously small premium over the narrowbody domestic categories. That's where the argument that NWA guys have ALL these wonderful new WIDEBODIES to take advantage of falls flat for me. There is NO defensible reason at all for the huge disparity between 76ER pay and 767-400/A330 pay and we should have sent them back to the table over THAT precisely BECAUSE that 75/76ER category is so big! The 767ER International Widebody StratoCruiser pays a whopping 4% more than a 124 seat 737-700 and 8% more than a A319 (another 124 seat Delta airplane that somehow pays 4% less than a 73-700....another windfall for us NWA guys right?) Meanwhile, a 767-400/A330 pays 13% more than a 767ER. WTF? If all the additional 757's and 767's that NWA guys now have "access" to (there have to be vacancies first....noone gets bumped....something I have to point out on almost every DL jumpseat I ride when I'm told that the NWA guys are going to "take our widebody positions") paid the same as the 330/765 or even 8 or 9% more than the 737 then I would agre that it is a real benefit for NWA pilots to have more widebody seats! Who cares where it flies! That does not = QOL! I'll go on vacation to one of those places for QOL (just wrapping up over 30 days off myself from vacation awarded under those "horrendous" NWA work rules).

I'll agree with Puffy that the problem with over 80 premium pay is that it encourages you to overwork, but having said that, the whole "grand scheme" more money thing is bogus too. I have a 747-400 FO friend who says that he made more W2 last year than his DAL 76ER Captain buddy. The ER Cap pointed it out to him over beers. I'll look forward to your freaking out and going ballistic shooting that one down over the next 10 pages. While we're at it, yes NWA pilots got a bigger hourly rate raise than DAL pilots since we had to be brought to parity. But I'm a little sick of hearing that DAL pilots got nothing out of this. You guys got raises and contract improvements too and furthermore whatever ANY of us got was not due to the generosity of DALPA..it was due to the fact that Delta Air Lines, Inc. needed this merger to happen and knew they had to "satisfy" the pilot group.

One last thing that can't go unnoticed...we got a windfall compared to the AAA/AWA arbitration? You CAN'T be serious! That's like saying that if my ski-boat motor goes out on me on Lake Lanier I got a windfall compared to those bastards on the Titanic! Please at least ATTEMPT to stay within reasonably comparable examples. Thanks! Now I'll check back on you children soon.....I KNOW you'll still be here. War & PeaceOUT.

Believe it or not, I actually agree with a lot of your post.

I think that the new travelnet sucks.

I disagree with the first boldface. If the 10% is what the number is, it is what it is. While YOU may not be bitching about it, your compadres keep on bitching about it. While you think that Delta pilots hover around this board like vultures waiting for the carcass, I submit that your compadres do it more. Regardless, if indeed that number is 10% less, then indeed it is more than offset by the sheer number of increased aircraft that Delta brought to the table. So you retire#11 instead of #10, or #110 instead of #100. The extra airplanes brought to the mix offset that. That is what I am saying, and it is correct. If it had been a true relative seniority instead of what it was, it would have been much worse. Couple in the fact that you indeed got "credit" for retirements, also unprecedented, while Delta got no credit for retirements down the road and you have nothing to gripe about. Yes, everyone retires.

I agree that all the pay rates suck. No doubt. Delta brought higher pay rates. Delta brought better work rules. You brought your pensions. To say that DALPA did not bring them is in error. The Delta MEC drover this merger from day 1. To say otherwise is incorrect. It doesn't really matter anyway. So your 747 buddy made more than an ER captain. BFD. I can probably make more than a reserve ER captain as an 88 captain. So what? What point are you trying to prove/ Mine? That staying senior on an airplane may be the way to go? Sorry, but that's outside the discussion, and to suggest otherwise that rates aren't the comparative measure is, let me see how you put it, 100% Grade A BS statement.

You give yourself too much credit about stirring up the hornets nest. It was stirred up well before you got here.

You indeed have access to well over twice the widebodies. Vacancy or none, the monkey has been turned loose in the banana garden, with no fences around the trees. He can't climb them all at once, but will get to them. While you like to try and convince people that it does not matter where you lay over since the a/c does not pay much more than a 737-700, I will counter that #1 the airplane is more productive than the -700. You can finish your month in 3-6 less days on an ER vs a -700. #2 our most senior trips are to places such as Nice, Rome, Frankfurt, etc while the more junior places are to africa. So, indeed, it DOES matter where you layover in the grand scheme. Suggesting anything less is a "100% Grade A BS statement".

I never said that Delta pilots got nothing out of this. I said that we got a lot less than NWA did.

NWA pilots are indeed bitching about the list even today. The 10% number IS bitching about the SLI. To suggest otherwise is a "100% Grade A BS statement."

If a larger displacement off the 747-400 occurs, and I believe it will when they get parked, post SOC, indeed all positions theoretically could get filled by NWA pilots. Although I am sure you do not mention this when you jumpseat on Delta aircraft, as you educate us dumb hicks, it nonetheless is a completely true statement. All NWA pilots could theoretically flow to pre-soc DAL aircraft and bases.

On second thought, other than travelnet sucking and aircraft paying less than they should, we don't agree on much, and you are wrong about pretty much everything else. Perhaps you should re-disappear and gather up some more "100% Grade A BS."

Why don't you scared little pansies spare FlightInfo the excess trolling and take this to your company's (real name) union board...that is unless you little boys don't really mean anything you've posted, and just enjoy creating trolling havoc like the wusses you so blatantly are by doing so.

Spare US ALL the DL drama queenies that clutter up this board FAR MORE than the AWA/USair mess. How pathetic, pilots always seem to fall right into mgt's trap and fight each other.

Have fun destroying your company morale, which will in turn destroy your company.

LOTS of other jobs out there, right? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yeah, and you are one of the main contributers on FI. Connect the dots.

irrelevet because i dont post on here near as much as i used to and when i did it was never constant flaming like others do. when i do come on this site its to attempt a decent debate, However the number of flamebaiters has grown to the point that its nearly impossible to carry on a decent discussion, thus making this website pointless. Thanks for proving my point again :cool:

is anybody else having trouble logging onto the Delta Intraweb site today??? Everytime I try and log on it says something about too many concurrent users on the server...

Last edited:
They are upgrading it and the software to an ELIAC. There is a message where you log on. What a POS system you folks have been using. Hopefully, the NWA IT folks are chopping at the bit to bring y'all up to this century.

They are upgrading it and the software to an ELIAC. There is a message where you log on. What a POS system you folks have been using. Hopefully, the NWA IT folks are chopping at the bit to bring y'all up to this century.

Cut the "my squadron is better than your squadron" BS. You sound like a whiny little USair b!tch... just like many of the others the past couple pages.

I've used RADAR for years as well as TravelNet. I was skeptical when I first started using it but have come to like it more than RADAR (which I've used concurrently).

My only complaint is that you can't see the pass level that the riders are travelling on, but that doesn't particularly matter in the DL system since you choose whether or not to change to S2 only at check in.

The new TravelNet system is a now a brand new system with the combined operation. You're stupid if you don't think there will be any bugs.

One of the "nice" feature I've seen so far is that they now differentiate active and retired employee in the standby list. It used to be combined, and you can't really tell if that guy with a 1968 hire date is in front of you or a retiree... Now it's a bit easier.

I expect to have a few more "meltdown" in a merger of this size. C'est la vie.

Latest resources

Back