• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

And so it begins...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard regionals have dumped their union baggage handlers, then they couldn't get the contractor to actually hire enough folks at $9/hr, so luggage is going missing. My guess is they can't get enough folks who can pass a piss test, and who doesn't have a record at $9/hr.

Sometimes short sightedness turns out to be tragically humorous.

True....the ramp folks at SWA relaxed their scope clause in exchange for pay. This was in the last contract.

In fact, the head of the TWU called the then SWAPA President to get his opinion on the relaxing of scope for pay. The then SWAPA President strongly advised against that strategy.

I'm not against a worker asking for a raise, but these guys got a BIG raises for relaxing scope.

Now they want their scope clause back, to include additional pay.

A man much wiser than I used to say, " you've got to live with the results of your stupid decisions."

Wait...WN rampers clear 50k a year? I went to paramedic school which is about a year long and barely break 50k. More than i made at the airlines but still...

True....the ramp folks at SWA relaxed their scope clause in exchange for pay. This was in the last contract.

In fact, the head of the TWU called the then SWAPA President to get his opinion on the relaxing of scope for pay. The then SWAPA President strongly advised against that strategy.

I'm not against a worker asking for a raise, but these guys got a BIG raises for relaxing scope.

Now they want their scope clause back, to include additional pay.

A man much wiser than I used to say, " you've got to live with the results of your stupid decisions."
And a college degree has nothing to with smashing bags

Latest resources

Back