• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

An overview of corp. pilot requirements

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
who knows, but I know for sure that I'll be flying, whether professionally or for leisure...I'll be flying...

Right on Archer. Regardless of what you do - just keep flying man. Just keep flying.

That was ab initio instruction with heavy emphasis on commercial, instrument and "advanced" instructor ratings, CFII, MEI...as any good CFI will tell you, you CAN make a decent living as a flight instructor. You won't get rich, but you'll make a good solid living. Just won't be "lunching" in Paris often. And to think that I started flight instructing for $9/hr!!!

Good Luck in your future...

:p

i have always told people that flying is a disease....some people catch it and some don't....if you haven't caught the insatiable disease by the time you get out of that 152 dripping wet after solo: then you don't need to spend another dime on flying! **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**.... it is expensive these days to rent planes!! 125/hr for a 172 plus instructor where i live!

$125 for a 172 and instructor? That better be an R model!

Last edited:
Reading all these posts just makes me realize how much people like myself and people in the industry must love aviation.

I started flying in high school while I was learning to drive and now that I am in college and flying, I can't picture my life being any other way. I know the road ahead is a long, bumpy and windy one but nothing good in life is free. I am gonna start commercial training next semester and can't wait to get into the new arrows we have for the first time. Like was stated in above posts, Aviation is a disease and I got it at a young age. The bumps in the road will weed out who really wants to make it and who doesnt.

All my friends and family wondered why I didnt become an engineer or a doctor or lawyer or whatever else is common nowadays, but I just cant see life any other way than from above.

Nice advice all.
Thanks for showing the world of aviation as it really is, not just money and nice planes!

-Bryan

125/hour...it must really be a new 172...

I am kind of lucky of being member of a club that is non-profit, and gets tax exempt...thus, the Archer I fly is 6 bucks cheaper than the Warrior the FBO offers...and the VFR Warrior I fly, is the same price as the 152 they offer...

It woudl be really awesome if we had an Arrow and a multi like a Seminole, so I wouldn't ahve to rent from the FBO at all...but I think I'm going to have to rent the 99/hour Arrow and maybe...in the future, the 155/hour Seneca the FBO has...

splitting costs with friends is really the only way I'm going to rent...basically, my flying is going to depend on them a lot...if they don't wanna fly...I can't fly...if we share, we pay 17 to 30 bucks each, depending on how new or advanced of a plane we want...but that sure beats 62 to 120 bucks I woudl have to pay on my own...

I can't wait till I get my Private...so I can see how this "flying with friends " business is going to work...

and about the "reality of aviation" today...I thank this board and others for making me see how it truly is out there for pro pilots...

it makes you think twice before venturing...yet I"m still thinking...

though I have more difficulties than almost every here (because of lack of permanent residency and citizenship)...I might consider one day

ARcher

Latest resources

Back