Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kittyhawk1048

The Judge
Wanted to get the forums thought about this.

We have crews at the airline that I work for that fly into ORD,IAD or IND and really dont have time to get something to eat because they have been flying all day. What if there was a service that lets say you tune your radio to a certain freq and order like a subway sandwich, With the advent of the internet we can always find out the gate and time of arrival and the food would be there waiting for you. How many of you regional pilots would actually benefit from a service like this? Just wanted your thoughts. Service charge would be like a dollar. You are just delivering to the airplane, and just trying to help crews out not get rich from it.

We would start with a small airport like lets say IND and see how many pilots actually would request this service then expand to a bigger airport lets say STL or IAD.

Most regional airlines that I have flown on dont provide crew meals and the pilots have to go get their own food or bring it with them.

Last edited:
Only problem would be the small delivery window with banks of AC arriving at opposite sides of the gate... Maybe if you had an account and a delivery box...
(that will be 5% of gross for me)

Also, I can see the first memo "Crews delaying flights to wait for subway will be terminated"

Sounds like an awesome idea unless MGMT can find some way to screw it up!

That's when you tell the gate agent (or whoever) that you are hungry and are taking a meal break. Don't fly tired, don't fly sick, and don't fly hungry.

Its in your GPM....I worked at your airline and I know its in there,,,Problem is youve got so many Purdue-bee's thinking its the greastest company since sliced bread and are in fear of having Jesus come down and fire them for not stepping up for the benefit of their crews for sustinence breaks. It DOES say that delays can be taken for meals....Many dont exercise it because they're scared of Wayne.

Sounds like a great idea to me. I would use this service if the price was reasonable and the food was decent for the price.

Be a professional.
Look after yourself and your crew.
You have no business being in command of an aircraft if you can't handle that.
Safety first. You need to take a break and eat. Go sit down and have a meal.

You guys are scaring me. Noone should have to tell you that if you're hungry to go take a break and eat.

Latest resources

Back