• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American United Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you have the choice, you couldn't really go wrong with either one. I'd choose the one that has a large, unlikely to close, pilot base near where you want to live. Commuting sucks, especially long range commuting.

As a Delta guy,

I stare at the route and hub structure of UAL (including a newer fleet) and once they get out of their own way......they will print money.

SLC, DTW, MSP and ATL can't compete with DEN, ORD, And IAD period.

Delta cuts and runs from all competition and picks up used planes like its 1999....

Funny we at UAL say the same thing about DAL. You guys kicked our asses past 2 years. Smisek sucks and you guys got better mgmt. But maybe we will be better in the future if we can get consolidated and get someone who wants to run the ship and isn't a lawyer.

Funny we at UAL say the same thing about DAL. You guys kicked our asses past 2 years. Smisek sucks and you guys got better mgmt. But maybe we will be better in the future if we can get consolidated and get someone who wants to run the ship and isn't a lawyer.

I totally agree. United hubs and route structure are going to be WAY more profitable in the future. Add in the 787 and what it can do..

Delta will be fine, but we are far more focused on supplying overseas codeshare partner hubs. We don't even fly NYC to Berlin. The variety at United makes me jealous.

The mgt team at United is the problem.

1) DAL
2)/3) Tie between UAL and AMR

DAL management has all the talent right now. It's amazing what they have done in NYC; and let's see what they do in LAX, SEA, and LON in the next few years. Apparently that's where their focus is shifting.

As a UA guy, I seriously hope we get our $hit together soon.

Cougar - happy to help...and BTW, word is hiring to continue at the new United for the foreseeable future without an end in sight. 60'ish a month. I think it may slow down post SLI completion for a few months, and then will pick right up again.

Latest blastmail from the IAH chief pilot said 9,500'ish apps on file with one added every hour. And these are all qualified guys/gals. Tough to get an interview right now. I'm trying to get one of my mil bro's in as we speak.

You read those things. I don't believe anything that comes out of a CP's mouth. Especially ours. We are hiring though.

Last edited:
SWA
Fdx
Emirates
Cathay
Any good intl contract job
Flight instructor
Self employed businessman
Attorney
Realtor
Pool boy
Pizza boy
Zit popper at a dermatologist
Then
American/united/delta

Movement will be back, but I flat out think it sucks your soul to work at those places-
That said, for the lurkers, im no hater- i just decided i couldnt give my life to those outfits- The money will return and movement will be steady to fast (better than at swa for sure) and that is good-
I echo the sentiments: aggressively pursue all 3 - and stay w/ who hires you first-
Chase bases or the current contract or any other short term motivation and I guarantee those will change over time-

Good luck- all of us have earned better than the 2000's generally gave us

You know WAVE. I unblocked you for humor and you redeemed yourself with your entertaining stupidity....

Sucks your soul? Really? Ya gonna show us your jazz hands next Mr. Drama?

I found that paying for your type for a job was the ultimate slap in the face to the profession, but never soul sucking.....you can crawl on your knees all through life taking the easy route which you have become accustomed to.

To each their own billy

All the legacies are SELLOUTS to me

But I won't deny- there will opportunity there if you can hold your nose and stand the rj's and work environments

Latest resources

Back