• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Years?

Anyway.

you're still talking-
That's weird

To whoever asked the question....

Go to the first airline that calls you. You can always leave since the hiring spree will be ongoing at all airlines over the next 5 years.

To whoever asked the question....

Go to the first airline that calls you. You can always leave since the hiring spree will be ongoing at all airlines over the next 5 years.
Plus you get a free type rating for your next application. Lots of guys did that at CAL then went to SWA.

American is a sleeping dragon right now. Once they get this LCC merger over with, then they will be in a position to pound everyone. They will have 9 hubs in the biggest and most lucrative markets in the world. UA's is the only one that will even come close. AA is, when they have decent management (which they have not had in 15 years), a ruthless company. Their only real weakness (other than the usual short term merger/integration issues) is the west coast and asia. They are planning on a huge push in LAX to correct this. The 777-300ER is weapon of choice for this plus the 787's are coming next year.

AA/US has MASSIVE retirements coming up in a couple of years. Any young guy or gal could potentially have an amazing career if they get on there.....

Ok. Good luck with the SLI over there at AMR/US/AWA. If UA get's good mgmt it'll be just like the 90's. An all out war at ORD, LAX, NYC and the state of TX. I look forward to it. Those were fun days.

I would say:

Delta, American, United, in order

But who ever hires you first will be the best choice.

NWA was not my best choice but it became my best choice.

You never know which Airline you will retire from in this business

Wave gotta disagree with ya on placing Emirates so high up.....if I wasn't 45 I'd gladly take any (but UA first cause its close to home)

90hrs month international is a killer

Latest resources

Back