• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Missing crew meals. ;)

double post....

Last edited:
American Airlines is training all of its pilots in an effort to avoid a repeat of a pilot's mistake that prompted an emergency landing at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport in April.

Timely news. :laugh:

Is American training their pilots how to safely land within the first attempt or maybe the second?? All while handling a pressurization problem under 10,000 ft...

If they had an inflight fire on final would they ask for some 360's also, ya know, to figure out the problem?

Nice gut and skewed tie Denny Kelly aviation safety expert. What a stellar image of professional appearance! I bet CR Smith would of hired you on the spot to fly a Condor. :rolleyes:

Was it a 737 -300? A similiar issue caused the crash of an aircraft overseas (Air Helios 522). MX had repositioned a "dusty" Switch (one that is rarely moved) in the wrong position and the crew didn't put the witch back to AUTO and got a series of warnings in the climb. It sounds like this aural warning is one that is similiar or the same as a configuration warning. This crew was on the radio with their mx controllers and couldn't figure it out. They were also getting other warnings on some cooling systems because of incorrect airlfow rates.

It may be possible that the AA crew had a bunch of messages and I would think one should not land if you think you are getting configuration warnings.

Was it a 737 -300? A similiar issue caused the crash of an aircraft overseas (Air Helios 522). MX had repositioned a "dusty" Switch (one that is rarely moved) in the wrong position and the crew didn't put the witch back to AUTO and got a series of warnings in the climb. It sounds like this aural warning is one that is similiar or the same as a configuration warning. This crew was on the radio with their mx controllers and couldn't figure it out. They were also getting other warnings on some cooling systems because of incorrect airlfow rates.

It may be possible that the AA crew had a bunch of messages and I would think one should not land if you think you are getting configuration warnings.

AA only has the NGs...no 300s that I know of. Are you talking about the crash over in Larnaca? The crash in LCA was a pressurization problem. The warning horn for High Cabin Altitude is the same as the takeoff warning horn. I think they were trouble shooting why the T/O warning harn was going off as they climbed unpressurized and eventually blacked out.

That became a required briefing item at the place I fly now.

Latest resources

Back