• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA vs ALPA merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you calling the AirTran pilots scabs ?

No, I knew a few Trannies. They're no more scabs than any other pilot group. How do you define a scab? After the 80's when the MEC of ALPA overtly endorsed the crossing of PATCO's picket line the model was pretty much broken.

No, I knew a few Trannies. They're no more scabs than any other pilot group.

Somehow I doubt you know any former Trannies. But to set the record straight, you've referred to Southwest pilots as scabs before, so your statement above about all pilot groups being the same "scab-wise," isn't any more believable than any of the rest of the crap you make up.

How do you define a scab?

This one's easy, although you personally have demonstrated over and over that you have no idea.

A "scab" is someone who performs legally-struck work. Period. That's it. That's the only labor definition of "scab," with no ambiguity or room to interpret or manipulate it to one's personal wishes.

A scab is not someone who fails to honor a picket line of a different industry, regardless of whether their strike is legal or not (yours would not be legal, regardless). It is not a group that gets a different seniority deal than you thought they should have. Most importantly, it is not just anyone that Maru doesn't like.

For instance, if you were a train operator, and the bus operators struck, you would not be a scab if you continued to do your job. On the other hand, if United Airlines struck, and you crossed their line to fly their passengers (as you bragged that you'd love to), then you would indeed be a scab, Maru. I know how much you would like to be a scab, Maru, but until you get the opportunity, you'll only be the same pathetic scab-wannabe that you are now. Sorry.

After the 80's when the MEC of ALPA overtly endorsed the crossing of PATCO's picket line the model was pretty much broken.

What exactly are you trying to say here? What "model" is broken? And which ALPA airline's MEC are you referring to? Are you trying to instead say ALPA's national officers endorsed this, but are just doing so stupidly? And where did you get this information that they endorsed any action? I can't find it anywhere, so I suspect that the source is your a$$, just like most everything else you say.

So tell us Maru, do you actually know anything about anything? You haven't demonstrated it yet, but I'm sure you'll keep trying.

Bubba

No, I knew a few Trannies. They're no more scabs than any other pilot group. How do you define a scab? After the 80's when the MEC of ALPA overtly endorsed the crossing of PATCO's picket line the model was pretty much broken.

Goggle the ALPA scab list. That is how I would define a scab . It gives name DOH airline and emp number . I think other info also

The point of this conversation is the merger of two pilot groups represented by ALPA. If they can pull this off it will create a strong competitor and example for southwest pilots.

The trouble with the ALPA scab list is that ALPA scabbed PATCO.

Dumbest comment on FI in quite some time outside of the non-aviation section.

Latest resources

Back