ALPA vs ALPA merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Poorly...

If a 8 year VA Captain ends up being senior to a 10 year AS Captain (let alone a 30+ year Captain) - the wheels on the bus will not go round and round.

Then, just for fun, throw in contract negotiations before all the paint has dried on this merger.

Of course, management could throw a big pile of cash on the table to fix our hourly wage problem while asking for a 2 to 4 year extension to get through the merger.

I can't believe Brad and the boys are doing this. Sad, sad, sad...

Defensive move ..?? Good way to take on cheap debt .. ?? I don't know .. But merging a old company and a new one with such different longevity in seats .. Ugh ..

Who says they would go senior?? Just give them date of hire and merge the lists accordingly!! Their most senior capt will have what 8-9 yrs on the list.

How could a 4 yr capt at VA expect to waltz into SEA and keep his same position, especially during a buyout! If it were a merger, then all bets would be off!!

And it also depends on what is in the fine print of this agreement and what our brave, fearless ALPA reps have agreed to as well.

I would be more leary and nervous of the latter!

The point is how will the Alaska MEC approach this? It should be obvious that if done with some degree of fairness Alaska/Virgin will come out of the gate ready to compete.
If they screw it up Southwest will be "Stapling" them next.

The point is how will the Alaska MEC approach this? It should be obvious that if done with some degree of fairness Alaska/Virgin will come out of the gate ready to compete.
If they screw it up Southwest will be "Stapling" them next.

The MEC is the wild card, if recent history means anything, the MEC may not do what's in the pilots best interest!!

2.5 billion signed on Friday .. Announce tomorrow before markets open I hear ..

2.5 billion for 8 airbus and a slot to DCA?!! WTF are they thinking?!! This could be disastrous. I have a feeling all of the puzzle pieces haven't been shown yet.

That seems to be precedence. I can imagine a fence for a 1-2 yr period until the dust settles. Then start an integration period as they phase out the scare-buses. I could only assume hiring at the eskimo will stop for a while, at least 4-5 yrs until the integration is complete.

As AS takes on more Boeing planes and the buses leave, training will take place, at a rate of 10-15 a month converting their crews. The guess is once this starts happening, AS will start flying those VA routes!

Any other rumors????

2.5 billion for 8 airbus and a slot to DCA?!! WTF are they thinking?!! This could be disastrous. I have a feeling all of the puzzle pieces haven't been shown yet.

You forgot about the love field slot;) !
I was wondering if it's possible that the Asian carrier that was interested might be a player in this as well !!?! To fill in the pieces you speak of ..

Latest resources

Back