• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA Membership

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No one inks TA'd sections just because they're "in talks" about a merger. They ink the sections because they can live with them either way.

Besides, what you suggest is blatantly illegal and could send Gary and VdV to jail for many years. Is that what you're alleging about your beloved leaders?

My "beloved leaders" are incredibly smart and know how to run a successful business, and I love them for that. ALPA (and SWAPA) didn't stand a chance. Notice how that ALPA lawsuit in regards to the 717s got laughed out of court? You really are that clueless to think they didn't talk about labor issues? These guys play chess, you and ALPA are still learning to play checkers.

No one inks TA'd sections just because they're "in talks" about a merger. They ink the sections because they can live with them either way.

Besides, what you suggest is blatantly illegal and could send Gary and VdV to jail for many years. Is that what you're alleging about your beloved leaders?

His point was that they dragged you out because they were in talks behind the scene. Completely plausible and you were never going to get a deal OR be released. Unless the deal fell apart. Then your management would have gone to Plan B, whatever that was.

What world do you live in to think AirTran didn't get a deal because of Southwest new announcement to purchase? This is business PCL, happens everyday. You can scream illegal this and illegal that and in the end it doesn't matter. A wink and a nod and Bob gets the deal done. Nobody said anything. Are you that naive to think that couldn't happen? Illegal? Maybe. Is anyone going to be prosecuted? Not a chance. Just like OJ still looking for the killers. Good luck with that.

Last edited:
My "beloved leaders" are incredibly smart and know how to run a successful business

Agreed, which is why they took great pains, even after the merger announcement, to comply with federal laws.

Notice how that ALPA lawsuit in regards to the 717s got laughed out of court?

There never was a lawsuit over the 717s.

His point was that they dragged you out because they were in talks behind the scene. Completely plausible and you were never going to get a deal OR be released. Unless the deal fell apart. Then your management would have gone to Plan B, whatever that was.

What world do you live in to think AirTran didn't get a deal because of Southwest new announcement to purchase? This is business PCL, happens everyday. You can scream illegal this and illegal that and in the end it doesn't matter. A wink and a nod and Bob gets the deal done. Nobody said anything. Are you that naive to think that couldn't happen? Illegal? Maybe. Is anyone going to be prosecuted? Not a chance. Just like OJ still looking for the killers. Good luck with that.

You're even more clueless than he is. Not worth my time.

Speaking only for myself, but having been in four different unions, ALPA is definitely the best of the bunch, or at least the lesser of the evils.

The Teamsters were useless, the NPA was an inbred disaster, and SWAPA isn't much better. At least with ALPA, I did get some benefits including better pay and quality of life. All I get from SWAPA is explanations of why I should shutup and be happy with whatever the benevolent company offers.

I'm an ALPA member. Personally I would have been happy with a $1000/month assessment to Airtran in defense of a better integration. (Goes the same for any ALPA pilot group bought by a non ALPA group)

Btw if Airtran hadn't been bought they'd had a heck of a lot better contract than SWA had at 16 years...

You friggin southwest jackholes have no idea how they got their raise. Dublinflyer acting like he's some oracle genius saying they got a TA based on a rumor they were going to be bought by the beloved Herb Turds? Priceless!

I'm an ALPA member. Personally I would have been happy with a $1000/month assessment to Airtran in defense of a better integration. (Goes the same for any ALPA pilot group bought by a non ALPA group)

Very much appreciated. But we had all the money in the world. That wasn't the problem. ALPA was willing to provide any resources that we could need to defend ourselves if that's the choice we made. But our pilots were too scared. Money doesn't fix fear.

Very much appreciated. But we had all the money in the world. That wasn't the problem. ALPA was willing to provide any resources that we could need to defend ourselves if that's the choice we made. But our pilots were too scared. Money doesn't fix fear.

ALPA had wonderful guns but forgot the bullets.

You friggin southwest jackholes have no idea how they got their raise. Dublinflyer acting like he's some oracle genius saying they got a TA based on a rumor they were going to be bought by the beloved Herb Turds? Priceless!

First, that's not what he said. Second, I'm pretty sure you, as a Delta guy, know even less about how Southwest and AirTran integrated and negotiated than anyone actually from the two companies who lived this evolution, and were having this discussion.

But you did get today's random Southwest slam in. Good for you. :blush:

Bubba

Latest resources

Back