Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant Air's mechanical failures on 3 planes delay 662 Hawaii-bound passengers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think HAL is paying the Honolulu news to keep this story up front...:pimp: It's been on the HNN app. all weekend and just saw a big write-up in the STAR ADVERTISOR.

Had an Allegiant jumpseater recently. Didn't have many great things to say about the state of the company as it pertains to the operational side of things. But if the money is still flowing it's all good to the investors.

G4 has the numbers to prove this theory so far. Pax complain about bad service. Have never been willing to pay for it, in any sizeable amount. Infrequent customers have very short memories.

Yup. My father-in-law is "never flying Delta again" twice a year for ten years running now.

Talked to a friend of mine about two weeks ago who is a dispatcher for them. They are finding the HI market a little unstable for them and are going to deploy some of the 75s to more domestic stuff.

How about all the "return to fields" that happen a lot more often than at other airlines? :erm:

Other airlines operate with frequency or interline agreements that allow them to accommodate passengers when an airplane breaks. That is a luxury G4 does not have! Air returns are often dictated by the logistics of accommodating passengers down line, something "other airlines" don't necessarily have to consider. But you already knew that!

That's how all the management gets paid, by keeping the stock price so high. Seems overinflated to me.....

If that article were true, we would have been out of business years ago. Bottom line, leisure travelers go for the cheapest ticket irrespective of the service attached. They also have very short memories. Alaska started service out of BLI to HI as soon as we announced it. They also have said they plan to service PAE if and when Allegiant decides to do so. So riddle me this: If passengers are willing to go out of their way for the superior Alaska Airlines service, why would you feel the need to defend the market against AAY?

Allegiant Air's mechanical failures on 3 planes delay 662 Hawaii-bound passenge

Oh, it's no riddle, just a little turf defense.

I agree with you. There will always be a passenger component that puts price above all else. They will get what they pay for, and sometimes less. Same for everyone.

Oh, and the Motly Fool is just that.

See you in PAE some day. ;)

Latest resources

Back