Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant Air's mechanical failures on 3 planes delay 662 Hawaii-bound passengers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
... my buddy that flies for them says the seats don't recline. OUCH

I actually consider that a bonus. I hate it when the guy in front of me reclines, as it makes it impossible to properly use my laptop, and it digs into my knees.

I believed they even landed at the wrong airport in FL didn't they???

I don't know of them actually landing at the wrong one, but they did almost land at Lantana airport instead of PBI. That would have been sporty to say the least! Article

Hawaii makes sense for Allegiant because most pax spend at least a week in Hawaii (vs. just 2-3 days) and Allegiant gets a piece of the full package (i.e., car rental, hotel and even side trips) arranged through Allegiant... The airplane seat is a loss-leader for Allegiant which makes it up on the total package - that is the Allegiant model for all of its sunny destination markets... Hawaii will be profitable if a majority of the passengers use the Allegiant tour packages (vs. the one-off passengers). Of course, paying below-average wages for 757 flying helps preserve the profit margins too............ :eek::(

If you're planning a dream vacation/wedding/ or get that one week of vacation a year.. It's usually pretty important to buy a ticket on a reliable carrier that'll more than likely get you there.... Like say Hawaiian.... I'd be pissed if I booked a dream vacation and then got delayed for 3 days....

Latest resources

Back