Albino Stretch Eights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Current info?

Anyone know the current state of things a Murray Aviation? Pay (base & mileage,hours, what?). QOL. Do they hire street captains for the CASA, J-stream, or Saab? If so what kind of time would it take? Pay during training?

I read the past posts from a search. Looking for more recent info, and more details. Thanks. Batfish

While you're checking Murray, you can stop in and see Kalitta. They are hiring heavily there. I just finished my first week of ground school in YIP and so far, I like it a lot.

I got a friend who just got hired at Murray, street captain. Starts school today for the Saab and eventually cross training for the Jetstreams, all corporate shuttle for Chrysler. He says around three to four days off a week, he doesn't know much about the -8 though. At IFL Part 125 is all but gone, I think the FAA may be doing away with it industry wide...

Last edited:
JessMan said:
I got a friend who just got hired at Murray, street captain. Starts school today for the Saab and eventually cross training for the Jetstreams, all corporate shuttle for Chrysler. He says around three to four days off a week, he doesn't know much about the -8 though. At IFL Part 125 is all but gone, I think the FAA may be doing away with it industry wide...

What is your friend's time, ballpark? Did he have time in type? Have you heard anything about pay? Salary, base+mileage, garantee+mileage? Thanks, Batfish

I wish ;-)

jwadtw said:
While you're checking Murray, you can stop in and see Kalitta. They are hiring heavily there. I just finished my first week of ground school in YIP and so far, I like it a lot.

If you are talking about Kalitta Air, I didn't think I had a snowball's chance in he!! of getting on with 2000tt and no turbine PIC. Would be cool though! Batfish

Batfish said:
If you are talking about Kalitta Air, I didn't think I had a snowball's chance in he!! of getting on with 2000tt and no turbine PIC. Would be cool though! Batfish

You might have a chance of getting an SO slot if you get your FE written done. They'll seat lock you for one year but then you can upgrade to the right seat.

Something for the noodle

PCL_128 said:
You might have a chance of getting an SO slot if you get your FE written done. They'll seat lock you for one year but then you can upgrade to the right seat.

I was focused on getting the 1000hrs of turbine PIC for the 10 year plan ;) . That gives me something to think about though.-batfish

I wonder how hireable then upgradeable they would think of someone who hasn't shown that they can cpt a smaller less complex a/c w/ crew? I know about the 900 hour chick rumor. If true I would put that into the abberation or had to get a female on property department, not the average hiring procedure.-batfish

Batfish said:
What is your friend's time, ballpark? Did he have time in type? Have you heard anything about pay? Salary, base+mileage, garantee+mileage? Thanks, Batfish

Yeah, he already had a years experience from Shuttle America in the Saab, plus about 6000 hours...but still no word on pay/QOL

Latest resources

Back