• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good to know, I agree. While all parts of the contract are important to consider, I'd rather have scope than a 200% pay increase and no scope. I've seen too many people get completely screwed. Ask DHL pilots...

I disagree about waiting, I can read enough by reading between the lines to know that I am voting no. I think you have to make a choice now, and start getting organized now, and talking to people now, else, it get railroaded through by the near-retirees like the last one did. Once they release the "details" there is no time for a counter-argument to get organized. The blue is an exerpt from the Negotiators update sent to all pilots.

"...It is a five-year agreement with pay increases that reflect the upward trend in the industry..."

What is more important is what the negotiating committee DIDN'T say. What I need to hear is that our contract contains INDUSTRY LEADING PAY. INDUSTRY LEADING PAY for INDUSTRY LEADING PROFITS. If the NC were able to attain that, they most certainly would just come out and say it. Delta, UAL, etc. negotiate NB rates as almost an after-thought. They know their guys will make up for it if they want to by moving up to the WB's so that is where they focus their attention. We don't have that option, therefore, the 737 pay rate needs/better be AT LEAST DELTA if not DELTA +. (SWA is not as direct a comparison so I won't get into it right now, but they need to be considered also) Also note that they are increasing the revenue opportunity across the fleet by 5%ish by adding the new seats...that means to me that the first 3-5% of pay raise comes without effecting their CASM one cent.

" ...and enhancements to our job security in the areas of furlough and merger and acquisition...."

Okay, thre are a lot of contractual softballs that I was sure the company would give us anyway...I'll agree to wait and see if there is anything beyond that. i.e. - placing a no-furlough condition on any acquirer...that actually helps management stay-single, which is what they want anyway...so no surprise if we got that kind of language.

"...It contains better protections for the flying we currently perform,..."

Again, what is not being said is important...We also need future flying protection. The danger for us is the 100ish seat jet. There is a LOT of future flying opportunities between a DHC-8-400 and a 737-800 (which will become the smallest airplane we fly by the time this proposed new contract is up). That is why DAL, UAL, and AA all have rates for these new types. Post if you know - but I intend to research if the various companies have to let them fly the jets, as opposed to just having rates negotiated.

"...and work rule enhancements that improve scheduling flexibility..."

What they meant by that statment the last time was the whore-s could whore more and get paid more while they were whoring...I almost don't care what it is, I don't think it will be a good thing.

We also protected our retirement and insurance benefits..."

I think by "we" they mean everybody but the new guys with no A-plan...but anyway, I digress.

I am already at a no vote...It needs to be an industry leading rate of pay with protections for current AND gives us new flying. It seems pretty obvious to me that this new contract will come up short in these two areas. When the NC sends out an email and says we have negotiated Industry Leading Pay, that protects all our current flying, and ensures that we perform all future flying for air group, only then will I agree to wait for the details. Until then, you can count me as a 'no'-advocate.

Last edited:
Ingeousy2: must be an ALPA senior blood sucker, try and get as much union dues out of the pilots before they have have no option but to strike or wait until they get bought out by another airline and prolong the integration so as to fill their coffers with more ill gotten gains

What Igneousy2 said +1. Sorry Dublin, you are obviously not an Alaska pilot. Your anti-ALPA rant doesn't lend you any credibility.

I think it needs to start at about 208 for the top pay and have no less than 2% per year and should be up around 3%...but well see ...

Latest resources

Back