• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is nonsense. Management makes out like bandits because pilots believe they can force another $2 out of them in a pay rate. They cry poor to the NMB, they stonewall, and five years later you end up with an extra couple of bucks. In the meantime, management has saved multi-millions, and they laugh at you as they sign on the dotted line, happy as can be.

The path to successful pattern bargaining in a deregulated environment is executing a series of smaller victories. Trying for the big jumps in pay and the complete CBA re-writes is exactly what management wants you to do.

Unfortunately, this is the attitude of the majority and it will never change. I get it! Defeatist attitude..... The same people, who during the last round said, "aaahhhh, the mediator will park us". True, he would have, only because our guys f'd up; I'm not going to explain how. Go ask for yourself.
Why does the company want to settle with us, right now?!?! Because they are merciful and graceful? Better wait until hell freezes over. In any case, all this doesn't really matter; it's just entertainment for most people. When the TA comes out, it will pass and history will repeat itself.

So what is the "market" rate for a 737 in the U.S.? This "agreement" will be a complete package...scope,retirement,etc...... not just pay. Lets see the package before we vote.

Truth

So what is the "market" rate for a 737 in the U.S.? This "agreement" will be a complete package...scope,retirement,etc...... not just pay. Lets see the package before we vote.

You are applying logic Sir - something that most of the above posts do not- and that is not allowed on this forum!

I agree I'll look at the whole package ... But still feel we should have the highest package in the land !!! I voted no last time and look at all the money we made !!! Record profits baby !! Look if things get bad in 3 years they will come ask for help .. Please take a pay cut to help us out but do you think the reverse is true .. No !! How come they didn't give us a nice pay raise 2 years ago when we started breaking all these new levels of profits ...

Nobody has implied they will not look at the whole package. But I agree that it better be an industry leading package.

To all the above .....I agree with you all. We will have to see the package and go from there. This is not the time to settle for anything less than what we deserve. We do more with the 737 than most other carriers in the world, its time to be paid for it. I have been on strike once before and know what it means....not fun but sometimes a necessary evil. I know its still a long way off but this pilot group is much too weak to call managements bluff. Sad but true.

I just wonder if our anger is misdirected. Should we be upset at our NC or MEC for bringing a subpar TA for memrat? Maybe the NC is bringing a TA that matches the polls, so this TA could be our collective fault. Our pay rates could end up at DAL-$5. It's BS, but do we go on strike so that we can prove a point and get DAL+$1?

As cooler heads have mentioned, we need to look at the whole package. Some parts of our contract are better than other airlines. It's tough to gauge the value of those benefits. It's easy to look at the dollar amount. It's difficult to assign a value on training pay, vacation pay, high (if not highest) reserve guarantee, etc. It's natural to pick the parts of our contract that are inferior and ignore the parts that superior. Off the top of my head, we beat UA and DL for pay and credit for vacation, training, and reserve.

Seeing how the left seat could be years off, I'm not sure an extra $800 take home a month for the next five years is going to help out tremendously.

Latest resources

Back