• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airways Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
US asks you to wear your current airline uniform to the interview. Wear your current airline uniform.

Get LOR's from people who know you and can honestly attest to your character. Don't get a LOR from someone who doesn't know you. Do you know the CP? I don't.

What's so complicated here?

Thanks for your wise counsel. :D

Just trying to understand the reasoning behind what's been advised by someone who seems to have recently been there/done that.

...idle curiosity is all...

What's the difference between wearing an fbi suit with your red delta tie or a freakin uniform ? Who cares? To be honest its a relief you don't have to spend any time thinking about what tie and shirt to wear. I'm guessing if you're still wearing the same uniform from 10 years ago and a tie with coffee stains on it you'll probably get a check in the nay column.

Why not send a copy of you standing up in front of a group of pilots at a union meeting saying what a bunch of so-and-so's management is? They want to see what you'll look like in 3 years or so, right?

I was asked to wear my current airline uniform to the interview at USAirways. Bought new pants, tie, shirt, and made sure my blazer was good to go. I also wore my hat, and made sure my boots were polished to a sharp shine. I also wore my company I.D. and lanyard. I looked sharp, but put forth a relaxed, competent demeanor. Wore the hat during the walk around of the training center, but took it off for the H.R. and Tech interviews. Also, I took my jacked off for the H.R., since it was offered. No tricks, no sneaky stuff that they look for with a double meaning. Just do the interview, be honest, and polite. At least that worked for me. I got the job offer.

Do what is asked. If you are asked to wear the uniform, then wear it- but present it well and illustrate the image of what you think a professional airline pilot should look like. Not doing as asked, right off the bat, isn't going to start your interview off well.

Best of luck to you!

As others have said it's not hard to understand/follow their instructions if you are called to interview. It's not a mystery either, they send an email packet telling you what you need to bring/wear. Honestly this being way over blown....this uniform debate. Airways interview is a gentleman's process. Two hours, no sim, no psych test, no written test garbage, no in house medical, no uploading a video (really AA?). It's just two separate panels, HR and tech, and you talk about your experiences. They took out all the BS to find pilots, except maybe the uniform thing but it is not a big deal.

The funniest ones are the people who show up in their leather jacket in PHX during the summer cause they do not own a blazer. Not saying it blows their chance at the job just funny to see. BTW, you can wear a regular suit IF YOU ARE NOT CURRENTLY EMPLOYED BY A CARRIER THAT REQUIRES A UNIFORM. This is Military, Corporate in some cases, and furloughed pilots. Ever think that's how they can see diversity.....not dumb.

Last edited:
Wow, I guess I'm a dinosaur! I am blown away that someone would wear a uniform to an interview. I'm sorry, that just seems weird. We've got lockers at Hawaiian, I wait till the last second to put my uniform on and the locker room is the first place I go after landing. In fact, often I'll meet the F/O in shorts and a t shirt, review the paperwork and talk to dispatch, then go change and head to the airplane. I guess we are different here (which makes us such a poor merger partner!!:))

Man thats awesome, I hate uniform pants!!!!!

Latest resources

Back