• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran-Swa. out of seniority?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Max, what would have made you happy? I don't want to hear, the fair arbitration or "Golden Rule" BS. I want to know where you think you should be on our seniority list and why.

I was just about stapled, whilst being 1.5 years away from upgrade - I had 61% above me. I was then slotted in with 4% swa pilots below me. I guess I should be happy with that, sorry I didn't have more seniority for you to steal.

Still doesn't make it fair GL. The process is definitely biased toward the junior (longevity wise) group. Show me one that hasn't been.

If the junior group is bringing in assets and new bases, then how can it ONLY favor them? That doesn't make sense. SWA was gaining SOMETHING from AT, and that means some AT pilots are going to be mixed in with some Corndogs. It had to happen. The day of the staple is OVER. You can't expect AT pilots to just want EVERYTHING you have and then start over seniority wise. You can't. Some liked it just the way it was. Not everyone wants to be a corndog. Arbitrators look at everything brought to the table (all good and bad things), and then makes a decision, without bias. That is what scared the corndogs. You guys never could see what GOOD things were coming to the merger, and didn't give them credit for that.

Bye Bye---General Lee

GL, your opinion means nothing and you didn't point out what I asked.

Max, you didn't answer the question either.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

" Just clearing up the misconception that we just said "OK" without trying to do SOMETHING to help mitigate the out-of-seniority transitions." - Lear 70

I never meant to imply that the NC didn't do any and everything in their power to mitigate this foolishness.

The sad part is, that you ( as an NC member , as well as ALL Airtran pilots ) were effectively rendered POWERLESS by the previous actions of your MEC.

For that, and that alone, they should be held accountable....and somehow be penalized/shunned by the Community.

Their collective ignorance and arrogance is beyond comprehension.

WL

I would've been happy with getting you and scoreboard stapled - and then put me just above you. Now that would've been justice. Does that answer your pointless question? Or perhaps just give me a 10% credit of the seniority I had.

The point is there are not right answers!!! That is why you have an arbitrator who is divorced of any emotion. Get a clue....Goldern rule = arbitrator. Tell yourself a lie enough and you will believe it.

Max, I am sorry you feel that way. You still didn't answer my question. What do you think YOU deserved specifically. If you can't say then you need to quit whining.

Look, you Corndogs can't seem to understand what a "NEUTRAL" does. But, that was NEVER your intention, for anything FAIR. You Cornies never saw anything good from your merger, and that is where you FAIL.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Max, I am sorry you feel that way. You still didn't answer my question. What do you think YOU deserved specifically. If you can't say then you need to quit whining.

It's not that you don't get it but, that you never will.

Dude, really? All that goes away Jan 1 2015 just like everyone voted for, this is really old news.

Yes, really.

This could have been a combined op in less than a year from SOC and DoCC, just like DAL/NWA. But it's not.

That's over 2 years with over $200M per year saved in terms of lower pay plus continued bag fees. The pilot pay piece alone is $120 Million.

Not angry, just simple math and balance sheet focus rather than AirTran employee focus.

Will answer the rest later when I have my computer in front of me with the snapshot pre-merger list.

Latest resources

Back