• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea when the contract may be out?

Do you know if Airtran's medical plan might improve with it?

Are there any out and back trips if you live in Atlanta?

Thanks!

Plenty of ATL turns available.
Contract negotiations will go on for some time in my opinion. It is to management's advantage to drag their feet.
Don't know much about AirTran's medical plan...either current or possible future. I'm sure there is someone on here who knows the priority of that item in negotiations.

Ty Webb said:
Sounds like they'll be getting a real prize.

If he is unhappy with labor/management relations at AAI, wait 'til he gets a taste of UPS.

Why do you bash someone just because they do not care for Airtran. Wanting to move on to UPS or Fedex does not make him a bad guy. I doubt he is the only employee at Airtran who does not like it. Don't get your panties in a wad.

I've had a pretty good time here (8 yrs total, 6 yrs as capt). Fair pay once you get a few years under your belt. Good trip/duty rigs (flew 820 hrs in '05 and made 1103 hrs of pay credit and over 15K deposited into my B-fund).

QOL on reserve can be as bad as any sh!t hole regional, the only difference is you'll rack up the credit time on reserve faster than edited for innapropriate comments. . Reserves start the month at guarantee and can only go up from there. 120+ credit hour months with 70 actual hrs are not uncommon for reserves. You will be treated like a redheaded stepchild on reserve however.

Lines vary from lots of days off/high pay/few days off /little pay depending on current staffing levels. Generally livable and commutable.

My biggest complaint is that upper management could not give a squirt of piss about their employees. They continuously re-interpret the contract. Good luck getting anyone in HQ to ever return a phone call, let alone answer the thing.
Management is playing hardball with contract negotiations. They have no intention of negotiating in good faith at this time and, as a whole, the pilot group doesn't seem ready to force them to.

Other than that it's a good place to work. Rapid upgrade, OK pay and retirement, good union leadership, good chief pilot, useless a-hole ass't chief pilot. Like they said, fly your trips and go home.

-9Capt stepped over the line with comments about another poster's wife...and he's out for a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
C'mon, coach got someone with my limited flying skills through our DC-9 type training. That ought to count for something. Remember, you're a part of the TEAM! You want to be that, DON'T YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back